Duplicate Shares

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Investing Dashboard Bug.

Comments

• I have latest version of Windows subscription and still have twice shares in investing dashboard. I've added shares to new account and all show twice the share amount. Solution?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @blingandjava

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using as well as the name of the financial institution.

Do you receive any error codes or messages?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • No error messages. Just when viewing Investing dashboard the share count is double what I have added in. All other areas show correct share count.

Quicken year: 2020
    Version: R31.8
    Build: 27.1.31.8

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎9/‎2/‎2020
    OS build 19042.746
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @blingandjava

Thank you for your response and the additional details. It sounds as though these shares need to be transferred to a new account.

If that is accurate, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps help to complete the transfer of shares.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unfortunately this process won't work because I've created a new Quicken file and just wanted to add the shares to the new file which I did. The error is only on the investing dashboard.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @blingandjava

Thank you for the response and the additional details. It sounds as though you may have a placeholder.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here to resolve the placeholder transaction.

Please let us know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Thank you for this next step however there are no placeholder entries. This is only on the investing dashboard and no where else and shows double the share quantity on the dashboard. For example if I have 45 share it shows as 90 shares. It seems like it may be a bug in Quicken?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @blingandjava

Thank you for the response, I have one more option I want to try. Can you please navigate to the brokerage account and right-click the account and choose "Edit/Delete Account."

On the General tab, take a look at the "Tracking Method" section. Do you show Simple or Complete as being selected?

If you have "Simple- Positions Only" selected please try selecting "Complete- Positions and Transactions" this should allow you to view the register.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Thank you for this added check but my brokerage account is set to complete tracking and I have Quicken installed on my laptop with the same result. So I'm assuming this is still a bug in Quicken.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @blingandjava

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • mkim60540
    mkim60540 Member
    Same problem here. Though it is limited to one investment account. The dashboard doubles the shares/value though if I look at the portfolio tab/group by account the same account has the correct number of shares/value. Any resolution to this problem?
  • Addarich
    Addarich Member
    > @mkim60540 said:
    > Same problem here. Though it is limited to one investment account. The dashboard doubles the shares/value though if I look at the portfolio tab/group by account the same account has the correct number of shares/value. Any resolution to this problem?

Were you able to fix this?
This discussion has been closed.