Upgrading from starter to Deluxe

jrf
jrf Member
I have quicken starter that is about to expire and I purchased deluxe. Do I have to uninstall the starter before installing the Deluxe version.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    @jrf You may need to close and reopen the program just to refresh it after entering the Activation Code, but other than that no, the Activation Code should update the program automatically. As I mentioned previously, if you wish to verify that the change took effect successfully, then simply navigate to Help > About Quicken.

If it still doesn't show "Deluxe" in About Quicken after entering the Activation Code, then at that point, you would follow the Sign in/Sign Out steps provided in my first response.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    edited February 2021
    Hello @jrf,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

When renewing/upgrading your subscription, you won't need to reinstall it. Instead, if the switch does not automatically take place, you will simply need to sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in.

Before doing so, first, navigate to Help > About Quicken to verify that the renewal/upgrade hasn't automatically been applied yet. Then, please follow the steps below to sign out and back in.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it may say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once signed in, navigate back to Help > About Quicken to verify the renewal/upgrade has been successfully applied.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• jrf
    jrf Member
    Thanks for getting back to me but, I still have a couple questions.
    1. I don't have another user id so I can't sign in as a different user.
    2. Since I bought a disk from Amazon, I don't see how my renewal can already be applied.
    3. Is the starter version I have now the same as the deluxe version I just bought.

Thank you,
    JRF
  • Quicken Anja
    @jrf Thanks for following up.

Even though it says Sign in as a different user, you wouldn't actually sign in using a different Quicken ID. You would still use the same Quicken ID that you have associated with your current subscription. Sign in as a different user is just the only route available in order to Sign Out.

However, since you purchased through Amazon, you actually would need to enter an Activation Code instead by navigating to Help > Enter Activation Code..., and since you already have Quicken installed, you won't need the disk as the disk is used to install the program. The Activation Code can be found on a card that is placed in the box when you receive it, or I also suggest checking your email associated with your Amazon account to see if you may have been emailed an Activation Code (be sure to check junk/spam folders as well, just in case).

The Deluxe subscription does include all the features that are included with the Starter subscription, plus some additional features that the Starter subscription does not offer. If you wish to review these features more in-depth, please click here to review our Plans & Pricing page (you will need to scroll down to view feature details).

I hope this helps, though please let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja

• jrf
    jrf Member
    Thanks again...I already purchased the Deluxe version. Do I have to install the program again from the new CD to get the additional features or will the program update itself when I enter the activation code.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    @jrf You may need to close and reopen the program just to refresh it after entering the Activation Code, but other than that no, the Activation Code should update the program automatically. As I mentioned previously, if you wish to verify that the change took effect successfully, then simply navigate to Help > About Quicken.

If it still doesn't show "Deluxe" in About Quicken after entering the Activation Code, then at that point, you would follow the Sign in/Sign Out steps provided in my first response.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.