I am missing some downloaded transactions when I try to reconcile my credit card account.

Options
Two missing transactions show up on my credit card statement and on my Quicken register for the account. When I try to reconcile that account, the two transactions are missing from the reconciliation register and the balance is off by the amount of those transactions. What can I do to reconcile the account when the transactions have already been downloaded into the account register?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If these are unmatched manually entered transactions, I suggest you verify the transactions are not marked as Reconciled and are not dated more recently than the statement ending date you provided.  

Otherwise, you may want to review: FAQ: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?

There is a reconcile bug in which one or more transactions included in the reconcile are not displayed in the reconcile window.  One way of resolving the issue is to temporarily reset the transaction or posting dates of the missing transactions so that the transactions are not straddling the statement end date.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If these are unmatched manually entered transactions, I suggest you verify the transactions are not marked as Reconciled and are not dated more recently than the statement ending date you provided.  

Otherwise, you may want to review: FAQ: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?

There is a reconcile bug in which one or more transactions included in the reconcile are not displayed in the reconcile window.  One way of resolving the issue is to temporarily reset the transaction or posting dates of the missing transactions so that the transactions are not straddling the statement end date.
  • tjones2033
    tjones2033 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The transactions in question had 2021 posting dates, so once I corrected them, they reconciled. Thank you much!!