Why was the register search field moved?

Options
Was this a request from numerous users or did the Quicken devs just think "you know what...maybe we should move this over to the left"?

Like many other users, I've been using Quicken for decades...about 28 years to be exact. I have developed a habit of looking to the top-right for the search field.

Please make this an option for where the user wants it placed.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Jocccw said:
    Instead of why did they change the location of the register search field (which was also my first reaction), who do we contact to encourage the next update to include a "fix," changing the Right/Left Search Field location to an "option?"
    If you post an "Idea" that is how they take suggestions, and people can vote on it so they can see how popular it is which is used in deciding on if they will do it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We can't answer that as we're other users, just like you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @NotACPA said:
    > We can't answer that as we're other users, just like you.

Given that you are a "SuperUser", I can only presume that you've been in this community a lot longer than I have. That said, should I not have posted that question here?

What about the bugs I've posted here to which Quicken employees have responded, reported, and gotten fixed. Should I also not post those here?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But THIS thread is about a WHY?  And even the SuperUsers don't get told that.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The moderators will respond to "some problems" and such as they see fit, but I have never seen any Quicken employee "justify" why Quicken Inc decided to do this or that.  With the exception of Quicken Marcus, which leads the Quicken Mac development team.

Actually I take it back there was the case of why switching from Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken Bill Manager (because the company servicing it got out of the business).

About the only "justifications" you will find on the Windows side are in the form of the release notes.  And here is the one for this:
    • Improved: Updated and decluttered the register. Changes include increasing the size of the search box and collapsing the filter bar. The filter bar now features modernized drop-down menus and resets when collapsed.
    Signature:
  • Jocccw
    Jocccw Member
    Options
    Instead of why did they change the location of the register search field (which was also my first reaction), who do we contact to encourage the next update to include a "fix," changing the Right/Left Search Field location to an "option?"
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Jocccw said:
    If you post an "Idea" that is how they take suggestions, and people can vote on it so they can see how popular it is which is used in deciding on if they will do it.

Signature:
  • DannyJ
    DannyJ Member
    Options
    Please make the search field movable from the new location ,"left", to the "right" where it used to be
This discussion has been closed.