How do I resize columns on the second line of a two-line register?

samtrexler
samtrexler Member ✭✭
I can drag the edge of a column in the top line of my two-line Checking register to resize the columns. But I cannot do that on the second line.

I added "tag" to the register, and now "category" and "tag" are much too wide, and "memo" flows past the edge of the screen. But I can't change the widths.

How can I adjust the column widths on the second line?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't.
    If, like me, you rarely use tags, you can omit that column and still see tags in the Category column.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Really would like to see an answer to this question. Seems like a terrible bug.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

The question was answered. You can't resize the second line. And it isn't considered a bug.

Whether people realize it or not the register is a highly customized set of GUI code especially the two line mode. It isn't like they can just change a setting and the second line can be resized. They would have to write some more specialized code to do it, and given their track record on things like this, probably mess up ten other things while doing it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.