One Step Update hangs on accts using express web connect after R31.8 update

LarryInSeattle
LarryInSeattle Member ✭✭✭
Installed the new update yesterday (now running to ver 27.1.31.8, build R31.8), and today my one-step update hangs on accounts that connect via Express Web Connect.  Accounts using direct connect update normally, but once I get the green "completed" circle for these the others that use express just keep spinning.  I can update these accounts manually by clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner and choosing update, so express is apparently still working, just not through OSU.

Answers

• Same Problem, My online profile is updated but my home file is not?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @LarryInSeattle .  You might want to try running OSU, again.  I think something was going on with the aggregation server for a while this morning and it appears that it is now resolved.
    I ran OSU on a data file with just 4 EWC accounts multiple times from about 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.  Each time Quicken appeared to hang so I used Task Manager to force close it...except for the last time when I just let it run and it finally completed 10 minutes later.  I ran OSU, again at 12:53 p.m. and it completed in less than a minute.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the issue is now resolved.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Still happening now!
  • Happened right after ver R31.8 update of 2020 home and business
  • LarryInSeattle
    Thanks @Boatnmaniac.  After I updated each acct individually I tried OSU again and it worked.
  • jreniche1
    jreniche1 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue since the last update.
  • mysoftware1
    mysoftware1 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Started immediately with build 27.1.31.8. Very frustrating
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @Jreniche

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

Are you able to successfully update if you update through register?
    1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.
    Do you receive any error messages when attempting to update this way?

Lastly, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jreniche1
    jreniche1 Member ✭✭
    I tried your process and it didn't help. I finally deactivated all the accounts with express web connect and then reactivated them. The process no longer runs excessively long (not got an error, it would eventually complete), but I'm not convinced the accounts are being updated correctly. I still see multiple transactions that were cleared by my financial institution several days ago but were never updated in quicken. This may still be a result of problems prior my latest action to correct, the next few days will tell.
  • mysoftware1
    mysoftware1 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    [Removed-Duplicate]
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jreniche1

Thank you for the response and for the additional details.

Can you please confirm Quicken Connection Channel? The steps to locate the channel are shown below.

Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken

You should see either QCS or FDS.  If you are on QCS, please select "Change Channel" once this is complete please update once more.

Do you get a different response once the channel has been changed?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rpetrk
    rpetrk Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @jreniche1
    >
    > Thank you for the response and for the additional details.
    >
    > Can you please confirm Quicken Connection Channel? The steps to locate the channel are shown below.
    >
    > Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You should see either QCS or FDS.  If you are on QCS, please select "Change Channel" once this is complete please update once more.
    >
    > Do you get a different response once the channel has been changed?
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

That worked for me. Thank you!
  • jreniche1
    jreniche1 Member ✭✭
    Changing channels seems to have corrected my download issues.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jreniche1

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of this test. We need to perform a few more steps to fully correct the issue.

I will need to follow the steps to change the connection method back to QCS. To do so, Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken.

Once there you will need to deactivate all of the accounts in the file. This is necessary to correct the QCS download method, so you do not experience downloaded issues in the future.

To deactivate the account, please see the information available here. To reactivate the account, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

Please let me know if you still do not receive any transactions when downloading this will require additional steps to correct.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jreniche1
    jreniche1 Member ✭✭
    I'm calling "NO JOY" on this solution. The FDS channel continues to fail to download new transactions from my bank. Transactions will download on the QCS channel along with many other previous transactions showing as matched or new transactions. It appears that neither channel works properly now.
  • LarryInSeattle
    This issue has come back again with the latest update, R33.22, installed yesterday 5/21. When doing OSU, Direct Connect accts update normally, but Express accts do not. Unlike last time this happened (January), I'm not getting an error rpt from OSU, but when I check the Express Connect accts they have not updated. Doing them individually by updating via the gear icon in the account view does not work. The only way I can do it is by logging into the account separately and downloading my transaction history as a QFX file - OK as a workaround until Quicken gets this fixed, but not a viable permanent solution. Also, the ability to change to the FDS channel seems to have disappeared with this update. Please restore the Express Web Connect functionality!
  • LarryInSeattle
    @Quicken_Tyka Can you at least restore the ability to switch to the FDS channel with F4 until this issue is fixed?
  • LarryInSeattle
    Follow up - I was able to temporarily restore access through OSU to my Express Connect accts by deactivating and reactivating them. I say temporarily because this solution has worked in the past, but in a few days it will revert to not being able to connect. Fingers crossed that it hold this time!
This discussion has been closed.