Pentagon Federal (PenFed) not able to connect again..

PenFed is unavailable again via OSU.. since yesterday.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @lagunajim

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having,  We are currently experiencing issues with PenFed blocking traffic and are working on resolving them already. The issue has already been escalated as well. I currently do not have an ETA when this will be resolved. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• ppstja
    ppstja Member ✭✭
    I started have issues again after update to Big Sur 11.2.  DIsconnected all Penfed Accounts and tried to reconnect but would not connect.  Why does PENFED have connection issues all the time?
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    I contacted Pentagon Customer Service and all I got from them was Bandwidth and to try on weekends and off peak times. I schedule my updates for 4am in the morning and still can't connect with Pentagon FCU. Frustrating. Last time I connected was Feb 1. I rely on these updates especially for accounts with a lot of activity. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly... We are in the age of automation and not manual registers.
  • Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    Am experiencing the same. Back in Oct-Dec 2020 the issue was throttling activity such as personal Quicken updates due to bandwidth activity of other processes. I do not have these issues with my other banks, very frustrating.
  • benamay
    benamay Member ✭✭
    same here contacted penfed this morning and got a email saying they updated their system and unaware of the issue, forwarding to their IT for answers.
  • vlw624
    vlw624 Member
    Looks to me I am having the same issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. At this time, Pentagon Federal Credit Union is blocking downloads to Quicken.

We are working with a service provider towards a solution, however, there is no ETA I am able to offer at this time.

There is a new alert at the link below that you may visit and bookmark to be notified of any updates.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888039/new-2-4-2021-pentagon-federal-credit-union-cc-505-101-error/p1?new=1

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mom23es
    Mom23es Member
    I also can't get Penfed to work. I just deactivated them all to reset but still wont connect. I've contacted Penfed also but have not received a response. I was planning on move more of my banking over to them but this will be a pain if connect doesn't get fixed. It was already annoying that it was only updating a couple time a month.
  • benamay
    benamay Member ✭✭
    I was able to link today as well. Hopefully it stays connected this time and not disconnected within a week like always.........
  • Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    My OSU for PFCU shows a green check mark and banner color as if it worked, but a blank screen where you normally see the summary of accounts updated. I am so weary of this....
  • Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    My empty OSU "non error", and the error message I get when I try to reset one of the accounts
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    It's back again as of mid-afternoon yesterday (Friday).
  • sippol
    sippol Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I have three accounts with PFCU. Two of the three won't update. Furthermore, the Summary window doesn't list the failure nor an error code. Also, the Summary doesn't list any information regarding the updates.
  • ppstja
    ppstja Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. At this time, Pentagon Federal Credit Union is blocking downloads to Quicken.
    >
    > We are working with a service provider towards a solution, however, there is no ETA I am able to offer at this time.
    >
    > There is a new alert at the link below that you may visit and bookmark to be notified of any updates.
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888039/new-2-4-2021-pentagon-federal-credit-union-cc-505-101-error/p1?new=1
    >
    > Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka
  • ppstja
    ppstja Member ✭✭
    Is there an Update or ETA for resolution of this issue?
  • Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    > @sippol said:
    > I have three accounts with PFCU. Two of the three won't update. Furthermore, the Summary window doesn't list the failure nor an error code. Also, the Summary doesn't list any information regarding the updates.

Yes that's what I am experiencing for all of my PFCU accounts. Although I did have a transaction in one that did download - but there was no listing of PFCU accounts in the update summary when it was done. I have never had this happen before.
  • lagunajim
    PenFed's been working well for me in the last few days.  May I suggest:

Deactivate PenFed completely from any/all PenFed accounts.

Exit Quicken

Launch Quicken

Click on Tools, Online Center.  Hold down Ctrl-key and click Contact Info.  Choose one of your PenFed accounts, select Financial Institution Branding and Profile and also select Download FI list.  Click Refresh

Try to setup your PenFed accounts again for online access.

Curious to know if that helps you.  Best/jim
  • Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    > @lagunajim said:
    > PenFed's been working well for me in the last few days.  May I suggest:
    >
    > Deactivate PenFed completely from any/all PenFed accounts.
    >
    > Exit Quicken
    >
    > Launch Quicken
    >
    > Click on Tools, Online Center.  Hold down Ctrl-key and click Contact Info.  Choose one of your PenFed accounts, select Financial Institution Branding and Profile and also select Download FI list.  Click Refresh
    >
    > Try to setup your PenFed accounts again for online access.
    >
    > Curious to know if that helps you.  Best/jim

Like before I was able to reconnect all my accounts, and like before after doing one step update, it seemingly does update my accounts, but the summary screen is blank (or shows all but PFCU accounts depending on what accounts I'm updating).

Thanks anyway!
  • lagunajim
    After setting up the accounts, when you click on "One Step Update" you should have to put a check next to the accounts you want updated.  If the PenFed accounts you added are not offered there then I don't have an answer for you :(

• Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah> @lagunajim said:
    > After setting up the accounts, when you click on "One Step Update" you should have to put a check next to the accounts you want updated.  If the PenFed accounts you added are not offered there then I don't have an answer for you :(

Yeah, I can click the checkbox to add it in to my update, and it apparently does update - what's missing is any mention of the accounts in the post-update summary box. You know how you would normally see "Pentagon Federal Credit Union" then underneath in smaller, lighter text it will say "3 accounts updated" along with a time? All of that is missing. See my attached screenshot in one of my previous posts.

At least I know it's not just me - sippol above is experiencing the same.
  • sippol
    sippol Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Jay C, I just recently have the same problem with multiple, but not all, accounts including my PFC accounts. I've reported this problem to Quicken last week by phone as well as an online report.
    I also noticed the date and time of last download doesn't appear under the register title either. However, the transactions do seem to be downloading anyway

See my discussion, "One Step Update Summary is incomplete"
  • Downloads don't work again. PenFed downloads to Quicken are a crapshoot and always have been. So frustrating.
  • lagunajim
    Indeed.
  • Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    PenFed downloads are back on! Yay! I still can't see it in my OSU summary, but at least the downloads happen.
  • lagunajim
    edited March 2021
    Well, as of this morning I have officially given up on PenFed.  I will stop using their credit card entirely.

I can't handle the daily up and down [removed - language] they are handing out, and the premium of $100 per year in additional cash back from their card versus my next best card isn't worth the aggravation to me.

I also have a car loan with them right now at 2.14% - which rocks.  But I'm done with their Visa card and have closed the account in Quicken.
  • yorid
    yorid Member
    Downloads don't work again. PenFed downloads to Quicken and always have been on and off.
This discussion has been closed.