How do I create a new paycheck?

I tried the Ctrl-J in the help page, but there is no Create New menu item. I can't find any way to open the Paycheck Setup Wizard. Quicken Deluxe 2020 R31.12.
BTW, this question would be moot if I could just change the next date of an existing Paycheck to one month earlier. It refuses to change the date.

Best Answers

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    CTRL-J, click on the paycheck you want to change, click EDIT and change the "Next Due on".
    Why didn't that work for you?  What happened?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    To create a new paycheck reminder from the Bill and Income Reminders window, select Add > Income Reminder and Paycheck Setup wizard.

• I said it. I want to change the date to the previous month - April 1 to March 1. But when I save it, it still shows April 1.> @Sherlock said:
    > To create a new paycheck reminder from the Bill and Income Reminders window, select Add > Income Reminder and Paycheck Setup wizard.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I said it. I want to change the date to the previous month - April 1 to March 1. But when I save it, it still shows April 1.> @Sherlock said:
    > To create a new paycheck reminder from the Bill and Income Reminders window, select Add > Income Reminder and Paycheck Setup wizard.
     If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876084/cant-adjust-bill-reminder-date
  • Thank you. I did create a new paycheck, for March 1, one time only. That worked. Before that I tried Copy/paste, which created a new item, with the approoriate numbers, categories, etc, but it's not a paycheck. Hardly elegant, but thanks for the pointer.
This discussion has been closed.