Will not download transactions

Options
Quicken refuses to download transactions from Fidelity for 1/29/2021. It downloaded all transactions before this date and has downloaded all transactions after this date. There are 20-30 transactions on this date due to end of month interest posting. How do I get the transactions for this date to download?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Bank emailed helped me and it worked for about 20 minutes.  I can not download transactions to Quicken desktop, but now the accounts at the bank will not synch to Quicken web.  Get a CC-501 error which is new.  Getting frustrated because I get one thing fixed and another breaks.
    Please clarify your 2nd sentence.  You can not download transactions to Quicken desktop or your can now do it?
    Also, did the bank help you set up DC or to reestablish EWC?  I ask because CC-XXX errors typically occur with EWC connections whereas DC errors typically start with OL-XXX.
    Regarding the Quicken Web issue:  Sometimes when changing or resetting connection methods the Cloud Account needs to be reset.  You can do this by clicking on Reset your could data and then following the prompts.
    If resetting the Cloud Account does not fix your Web sync issue, then perhaps deleting the current Cloud Account and creating a new one will.  To do this you will need to:
    1)  File > New Quicken File > follow the prompts
    • Select a unique file name, such as "Test".
    • Make sure it is set up for Mobile & Web.
    • You do not need to set up any accounts. 
     2)  In this new data file:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID > click on the Cloud Account ID associated with your main data file name > Delete > Yes > Delete > Close.
    3)  Open your main data file. If prompted, sign in with your current Quicken ID log in information. 
    • This will create a new Cloud Account for your main data file.
    • Try running OSU and Sync. 
    Does any of this resolve the issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Just Me and Not Someone Else
    Options
    I had the same issue.  Contacted Quicken customer support and they provided a answer that was complete nonsense.  Blamed it on uncleared transactions which is totally contrary to the way Quicken has always worked; it downloads transactions that have not cleared every day late in the evening.  The customer service representative didn't know what he was telling me.  

Now to the solution that worked for me when I had this exact problem:
    1. You need to go to each Fidelity account, 
    2. edit account details, 
    3. go to the online services tab 
    4. inactivate download.  
    5. Repeat this step for each account at Fidelity. (I am assuming you have more than one account at Fidelity)
    6. Once you have inactivated all your Fidelity accounts you need to go to one of the accounts and set up online services again.  Once Quicken connects to Fidelity you will be able to link to all your Fidelity accounts by matching the accounts downloaded with all your existing accounts in Quicken.
    Once I did this all my transactions on 1/29/2021 started to download.  If you have the same problem with other accounts the steps above can be repeated for any financial institution.

There is seemingly something not quite right with the recent changes to Quicken cloud because I've this exact problem with Fidelity and similar problems with other bank accounts.  

Hope this works for you.
  • turbo44
    turbo44 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This worked but it created new accounts. I don't know what happened or how to fix so I just entered the transactions manually. Thanks for the help.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    turbo44 said:
    This worked but it created new accounts. I don't know what happened or how to fix so I just entered the transactions manually. Thanks for the help.
    When we do the deactivate/reactivate process during the account setup process the financial institution will download account and transactions data.  Quicken will then prompt us to decide what to do with that downloaded data.  It is important to Link the data to the existing account(s) already set up in Quicken.  But it is too easy to simply hit "Enter" or "OK" instead of doing the Linking which will then create new accounts in Quicken.  When that happens it is usually best to simply delete the new accounts and then start the reactivate/setup process, again, this time making sure to do the Linking.
    And, of course, manually entering the missing transactions is also a good option.

Options
    Quicken stopped downloading transactions to my bank again.  Every Saturday for the past three weeks synch stops working.

• turbo44
    turbo44 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Boatnmanic,
    That makes sense and I probably blew past the window to link to the existing account thinking Quicken would just know what to do. I should know better. I just restored my backup and entered manually but I'll use your method if i ever have to do this again. Quicken seems to hiccup at the end of the month as I have encountered this in the past but Quicken has downloaded the transactions a day or two later.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Quicken stopped downloading transactions to my bank again.  Every Saturday for the past three weeks synch stops working.

Which bank?  Which connection method (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect)?  Any error code(s)?
    It might just be that your bank has been doing some system maintenance...financial institutions usually reserve that type of activity for weekends.
    Or it might be that there is something going on (maintenance?) with Quicken's or the aggregator's server since this morning I got several EWC accounts that would not connect during OSU and they returned CC-501 error codes.  Doing update now was successful in resolving some accounts but not others.
    I usually don't get too excited with accounts (regardless of connection method) not updating on weekends because most of the time it is due to a system maintenance issue somewhere and it will almost always be resolved later in the weekend or by Monday morning.

Options
    Boatnmaniac  I filed a ticket with Quicken support this morning.  The specific bank in question is Wilson Bank & Trust.  I would also agree if this was a one off time when transactions didn't download, but this problem has reoccurred numerous times over the past three weeks.  
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Boatnmaniac  I filed a ticket with Quicken support this morning.  The specific bank in question is Wilson Bank & Trust.  I would also agree if this was a one off time when transactions didn't download, but this problem has reoccurred numerous times over the past three weeks.  
    Yes, it certainly does raise the suspicion (and frustration) level when it's a repeating occurrence.  Hopefully that TT you submitted will yield some positive results.
    BTW, I noticed that Wilson offers both Direct Connect (DC) and Express Web Connect (EWC).  If you are set up for EWC you might want to consider upgrading to DC.  Some banks charge a monthly fee for DC but others do not.  Also, some banks have unique logins for DC (different from online account logins and EWC).  So you'll want to inquire into those things if you don't know about them already.  But if you are set up for EWC you might see some significant improvement with DC as it is a superior connection method.

Options
    @ Boatnmaniac - Thanks for the input.  I have emailed my bank and inquired about the different connection methods.  
    Options
    Bank emailed helped me and it worked for about 20 minutes.  I can not download transactions to Quicken desktop, but now the accounts at the bank will not synch to Quicken web.  Get a CC-501 error which is new.  Getting frustrated because I get one thing fixed and another breaks.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Please clarify your 2nd sentence.  You can not download transactions to Quicken desktop or your can now do it?
    Also, did the bank help you set up DC or to reestablish EWC?  I ask because CC-XXX errors typically occur with EWC connections whereas DC errors typically start with OL-XXX.
    Regarding the Quicken Web issue:  Sometimes when changing or resetting connection methods the Cloud Account needs to be reset.  You can do this by clicking on Reset your could data and then following the prompts.
    If resetting the Cloud Account does not fix your Web sync issue, then perhaps deleting the current Cloud Account and creating a new one will.  To do this you will need to:
    1)  File > New Quicken File > follow the prompts
    • Select a unique file name, such as "Test".
    • Make sure it is set up for Mobile & Web.
    • You do not need to set up any accounts. 
     2)  In this new data file:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID > click on the Cloud Account ID associated with your main data file name > Delete > Yes > Delete > Close.
    3)  Open your main data file. If prompted, sign in with your current Quicken ID log in information. 
    • This will create a new Cloud Account for your main data file.
    • Try running OSU and Sync. 
    Does any of this resolve the issue?

Options
    @Boatnmaniac - Resetting Quicken data never worked; I've done that so many times over the past three weeks I couldn't tell you how many times I've done it.  What seems to have worked as of 4:58 (knock on wood) was opening my son's Quicken file, deleting my synch file on the web and then when I opened my file back up allowing Quicken to rebuilt the file on the web.  

Thank you for your input and keep your fingers crossed this works long term.  
  • turbo44
    turbo44 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am the OP, and this just happened again at the end of February. This is a new problem the last two months, it did not happen prior to now. I tried to post to quicken support but clicking the link on the quicken web site does nothing.
  • turbo44
    turbo44 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do not use quicken online, cloud accounts or anything like that, I just download investing transactions from Fidelity, usually every weekday.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @turbo44

If you're having an issue with getting the Quicken support buttons working I'd recommend following the article down below so that we're able to contact support. 
    I'll leave the article down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870684/faq-talk-to-support-does-not-respond#latest

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • turbo44
    turbo44 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That works, I'm using Brave but the Chrome instructions are close enough.