Elan Financial (Fidelity Visa) not downloading transactions

Quicken for Windows stopped downloading Elan Financial transactions about a week or so ago. No error messages. Download works just fine on the Mac

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @Regina@

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble. 

A "501"  error will require contact to support a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let them know how long you have been receiving this error. 

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had no issues downloading my Fidelity Visa from Elan.  Have you tried any of the following steps? 
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now.
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.
    • Backup your data file in case something goes wrong > Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set up now.  During the set up process, if Quicken prompts you, be sure to link the download to your Fidelity CC account.  Also, there is the possibility that Quicken might enter transactions into the account register that are duplicates of transactions already entered there.  If this happens the duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your response! I have tried the first recommendation. I did not try the second or third since I have multiple fidelity accounts and all the others are working fine. I will give these a try. Let’s see if it resolves the issue. Thanks again!
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, none of those steps resolved my issue. It says it's downloading transactions for like 4700 days, and no error message but nothing downloads.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Please confirm the Financial Institution for Fidelity Visa that you are set up with:  Elan Financial Services, Fidelity Rewards Credit Card or Fidelity Investments?  You can find this information on the Online Services tab of Account Details.

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    This time I got an error message "CC-501" - "Unable to update account because of an error on the Quicken server."
  • Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    And now I did not get any transactions for any accounts downloaded on Windows but I did on my Mac
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @Regina@

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble. 

A "501"  error will require contact to support a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let them know how long you have been receiving this error. 

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2020
    @Regina@ - Yes, this error code might require Quicken support to resolve.  But please provide the information requested in my post above so we can see if there might be another resolution path that could be explored:
    Please confirm the Financial Institution for Fidelity Visa that you are set up with:  Elan Financial Services, Fidelity Rewards Credit Card or Fidelity Investments?  You can find this information on the Online Services tab of Account Details.
    The reason why I ask for this information is that per numerous posts by others (including myself) regarding download issues with Fidelity Visa card which set up link is selected can have an impact on effective online services set up.

• Alan11
    Alan11 Member ✭✭
    I have had the same problem for the same period of time. Using Q for Windows R30.14. I don't get any error messages - One Step Update runs same as always, I just don't get any new transactions to download. The only work around I can use is: go into Account settings, under Online Account tab, Reset Account, go through process and then new transactions download. But I have to go through this EVERY TIME I want to run a One Step Update. All other OSU accounts work just fine; only the Fidelity Visa/Elan card account has stopped downloading over (about) the last 10 days.
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    I have tried everything and am still unable to connect to Elan to download transactions. What's up?
  • AdrianG
    AdrianG Member ✭✭
    This issue also started for me recently for Elan/Fidelity Rewards. Another thing that started happening recently is that Elan/Quicken started prompting for the security question during update transactions process that sometimes worked sometimes not. A few times I was able to reset the account in the online services in quicken for this account and it would download transactions. Now that is not even working. I see many posts for Elan/Fidelity and all of them seem to say contact support. If support is able to fix it why not post it here so we can all fix it instead of having to call support?
  • Boatnmaniac
    @AdrianG - Most of the posts regarding Fidelity Visa card issues that I've seen where it had been suggested to contact Quicken Support for resolution (including in this thread) were specific to issues that resulted in a CC-5XX error code that was not resolved by:
    • Running OSU, again.
    • By using Update Now (instead of OSU).
    • Waiting a couple of days to try, again, to see if it self-resolves. 
    The reason why we need to contact Quicken Support to resolve this issue is that it might require resetting something on the aggregator's server and that is something we users do not have access to.  In addition, if we try using some of the other normal troubleshooting processes, such as Reset Account or Deactivate/Reactivate, we could end up introducing another issue from which there is no recovery.
    So if you are getting one of the CC-5XX error codes and it does not go away by following the process noted above then, yes, you should contact Quicken Support because it is something you might not be able to fix yourself.
    If CC-5XX is not your issue, then perhaps you would answer the question I repeatedly asked above but no one has responded to:  Which setup up connection are you downloading your Fidelity Visa from?  Fidelity,  Fidelity Rewards or Elan Financial Services?
    Most of the posts I've seen from users having OSU issues with Fidelity Visa have been downloading or attempting to download from Fidelity Investments or Fidelity Rewards Credit Card.  IMO these two connections are problematic for Fidelity Visa. 
    I set up my Fidelity Visa account in Quicken with the Elan Financial Services link and rarely have a problem with it.  You might want to try it, too, if you have not already done so.  Note: You will need to first set up an online account with Elan Financial.

• AdrianG
    AdrianG Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response. It was setup as Elan Financial. I found another post on a different issue with Elan/Fidelity rewards. It was overriding their categories. The suggested fix worked for this issue as well. The fix was to go to Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user. This would prompt you to logout. I logged out and logged back in with the same account credentials, did an update to Elan/Fidelity Rewards Visa and it said that it was performing a one time synch to the cloud it took a little while and eventually the missing transactions showed up. Note this fixed the same issue I was also having with Ally which I only just noticed. Again there seems to be many issues including a posted known issue mentioning Ally. This fix should be posted as a suggestion somewhere that is very visible to users maybe as it seems many seem to be having similar issues.
  • Boatnmaniac
    @AdrianG - The issue you are describing is not specific to any specific Financial Institution (FI) and is not related to the issue of this thread.  It is one that can randomly affect any FI and it is tied to a situation in which the data file and the Cloud Account it is linked to get out of sync with each other.  There have been a few updates to the software over the last couple of months to fix data file/Cloud Account issues.  You have not said which revision you have installed but if you have not yet, done so, you might want to update to R31.5 (Help > Check for Updates...or download and install the Mondo Patch from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product).

• LDS
    LDS Member
    @AdrianG and @Boatnmaniac - I too was having problems downloading transactions for my Fidelity Visa and found this thread trying to resolve it. Similar to @Alan11 , I wasn't getting any error messages. Transactions downloaded when initially set up, but then new transactions wouldn't appear after normal one step updates or forcing an update for just the Fidelity Visa. For me, this account is set up with Elan. I keep Quicken updated pretty regularly and just updated to R31.12 but still was having the problem.

Since I was using a backup version of the file, I followed @AdrianG 's suggestion and it resolved my issues! Thanks!
    "The fix was to go to Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user. This would prompt you to logout. I logged out and logged back in with the same account credentials"
    I'm now downloading Fidelity Visa transactions to Q through Elan Financial Services.

In general, this CC was tough to get set up in Q and for bill pay. Even though all of the normal web access is through fidelity.com, that didn't allow Q access. I had to add an account at Elan (myaccountaccess.com) tied to my card #, set up security questions there, and then use Elan Financial Services as the financial institution instead of any of the Fidelity options. (Is this your problem @Gary?)
    Also, with USBank Bill Pay (pushing payment from bank rather than pulling from the Fidelity login), the biller had to be set to "Elan Financial Services" and the acct was full CC#.
    My only remaining challenge in Q is setting up the savings acct at Fidelity where the auto-cash back rewards get sent to. Trying to add a Q acct with Fidelity Investments only give options for Brokerage, IRA or 529 account types but it is really a savings acct. More hunting...
  • Dridd
    Dridd Member
    Fidelity Creditcard (through ELAN Fiancial Services) have had to be rectified several times for me, when transactions stop downloading.

The fix is simple, though. I Right-click on account, and under tab "Online Services" I first disable online access and then reenable it. After going through the login process (and multiple of my established security questions) the account start downloading again. (Note, that the process also sometimes (or always) plugs in a "starting account balance" transaction I must delete manually before I can reconcile.

I suspect that it is related to the dual access to the account.
    I normally access it through Fidelity, which does the automatic login process to pull from ELAN.
    Usually I never login to ELAN directly through their "myacccountaccess.com" domain.
    I suspect that eventually, after not accessing them directly, they kind of "invalidate" the access from quicken/web-site, unless you manually go through their own login process on MyAccountAccess.com, where they ask the security questions. Then suddenly the Quicken process gets no download info from them anymore. No error code, no security questions through Quicken. Merely no data downloaded.

But. Simply disabling/re-enabling online access fixes it for a long while again.
    A little annoying, but easily fixable every time.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any issues for awhile with my Fidelity Rewards Visa through Elan.
  • Just started using Release R35.31 (US Versions, Sep 2021)
    Can't download Fidelity Credit Card.
    Called support at https://login.fidelityrewards.com/onlineCard/publicContactUs.do?theme=elan1&loc=0000.
    Support agent eventually said DirectConnect to Quicken was working at one time but is not working at this time. "You have to download from Fidelity then import to Quicken".
  • Boatnmaniac
    Just started using Release R35.31 (US Versions, Sep 2021)
    Can't download Fidelity Credit Card.
    Called support at https://login.fidelityrewards.com/onlineCard/publicContactUs.do?theme=elan1&loc=0000.
    Support agent eventually said DirectConnect to Quicken was working at one time but is not working at this time. "You have to download from Fidelity then import to Quicken".
    It sounds like you are trying to download the Fidelity Rewards Visa card transactions from Fidelity.  As mentioned several times in this thread that has been problematic for many. 
    Have you tried setting up an online account with Elan Financial (the company that issues the Fidelity credit card) and then use that link in Quicken to set up the account?  As noted above that is what I and most people are having success with.
    FYI, whoever you talked with at Fidelity doesn't know what he is talking about.  DC works with Fidelity pretty well...investment transactions downloads require DC...and there is no way to manually download from Fidelity.com into Quicken because they do not offer that support.

• I did set up an account at Elan i.e FidelityRewards and this does work.
    BTW I spoke to support at Elan, not Fidelity.
    Thanks
  • Boatnmaniac
    I did set up an account at Elan i.e FidelityRewards and this does work.
    BTW I spoke to support at Elan, not Fidelity.
    Thanks
    There are 3 different ways to access our Fidelity Rewards account in quicken and online:
    1. Fidelity Investments (www.fidelityinvestments.com):  Direct Connect.  This one is the most problematic for downloading into Quicken.
    2. Fidelity Rewards Credit Card (www.fidelityrewards.com):  Express Web Connect and Web Connect.  This one has also been problematic with some people being able to set up with it but not others. And once it is set up it sometimes has connection reliability issues.  If this is now working for you then I am glad it is but don't be surprised if you encounter connection issues from time-to-time.  I used to be set up with this link, too, but I eventually gave up on it because of the number of connection issues I encountered.
    3. Elan Financial Services (www.myaccountaccess.com):  Express Web Connect and Web Connect.  This is the setup link I was referring to that seems to be the most successful and most reliable.  I rarely encounter connection issues with it.  If you end up having problems with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card link in the future you might want to try setting up with this Elan link, instead.  (The login and PW will be the same for both.)
    BTW, if Elan did have Direct Connect set up at one time it was a long time ago.  It has not been supported for at least the last 2 years.

This discussion has been closed.