Dark Mode for Quicken for Windows (6 Merged Votes)

Comments

• drventure
    drventure Member ✭✭
    Another vote for Dark mode. With larger monitors these days, having a bright white app like quicken overwhelms my eyes.
    Almost everything I run regularly has a dark mode, except quicken.
  • jcgmc24
    jcgmc24 Member ✭✭
    Subscribed, any new update since August? It's great it's on the roadmap, but it could be the roadmap for 2022. Hopefully, it's coming out soon.
  • I really need a dark mode for Quicken to be able to continue using the program.
    I have a vision problem and I need medication after running the present program with the blinding white background.
  • I too am requesting a dark mode for Quicken. Please consider dark mode theme so those of us that have challenged vision can work comfortably with Quicken.
  • Bob Uhl
    Bob Uhl Member ✭✭✭
    I would like to request a dark-mode for Quicken. I have cataracts and it is much easier for me to read the screen in dark-mode.
  • jcgmc24
    jcgmc24 Member ✭✭
    Subscribed...
  • SQMRonnyC
    SQMRonnyC Member
    Please add Dark Mode to assist those of us experiencing difficulty discerning the print from the blinding background brightness. Have used Quicken for over 30 years, but now with changing eyesight must switch to an alternative product.
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    I need dark mode as well due to vision issue with bright screens.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You know, I find it ironic that it has taken this long for the industry to finally see the benefits of "dark mode".

When I started out in computers and CRTs started becoming available it was white text on a black background.  And many studies were done and found that wasn't to good for the eyes and they switched to amber, which is much better.

Then the "windows" and "desktop" ideas were born and all of a sudden they everything was suppose to be "paper".  There is just one problem.  Paper is a "reflective" white, whereas a screen is shooting the photons into your eyes.  Completely different!

BTW as a programmer that has had to stare at code for many long hours, and years, the editors I have used have always allowed for having custom colors and certainly dark backgrounds and "non white" text.

But on a side note, because of the way this has been done in the past it is extremely hard to change a program like Quicken.  You basically have to go in and tweak almost every color everywhere.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rrhobbs01
    rrhobbs01 Member
    Dark mode YES
  • gjhoban
    gjhoban Member ✭✭
    I agree, a dark or even black mode would sure be nice
  • Dark Mode would be enough of a reason to upgrade to latest version. So YES please for dark mode. Just about every app I use has dark mode! This simple feature would make the entire interface look more modern (something it needs desperately!!!).
  • BryanK
    BryanK Member ✭✭
    +1 dark theme, or the ability to take on the theme of the host operating system
  • gjhoban
    gjhoban Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I got tired of waiting for a dark mode, my eyes couldn’t take it anymore. I made a switch to [removed - no soliciting]. I also was able to connect my Prudential account, something I was never able to do with quicken.
  • tenacity
    tenacity Member ✭✭
    Dark Mode PLEASE I'm going blind looking at this bright white screen
  • LRM777
    LRM777 Member ✭✭
    Considering other alternatives to Quicken as well. Ridiculous that there is no dark mode option.
  • Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    another vote for dark mode please. Come on Quicken, it's 2021...modernize the display of the application already
  • GRBuras
    GRBuras Member
    DARK MODE ESSENTIAL. User since DOS version 3 - 1986. Wish that the old white text on black background DOS screen was an option because this blinding white background is unreadable for my old eyes. Ever since Intuit sold Quicken it has taken a VERY user-unfriendly turn for the worse.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a solution to your problem, but it may help ... a little ...

• Terawatt
    Terawatt Member
    So-Crickets from Quicken?
    This Dark Mode thing is a reasonable request. Why won't Quicken respond?
    It seems like the old Quicken had more adjustments than the new. I just updated my license. Even gray is TOO BRIGHT!!

Come On QUICKEN. Get it in gear and add this feature. I just had eye surgery this month and I can barely stand to look at these BRIGHT SCREENS!!
  • Terawatt
    Terawatt Member
    DARK MODE or darker background choices should be in the next update, please!
  • Hi: It's been almost more than a year since 7/2019 that customers requested for a dark mode for Quicken for Windows 10. Does anyone knows when is the release date for the dark mode to happen? thx
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    [removed - self-referencing link]
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • I use Quicken 2013 because it gets the job done. I will only upgrade when dark mode is supported. Please, Quicken...TAKE MY MONEY!!
  • Brian Biggs
    Brian Biggs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    @Terawatt, at the beginning of this thread (and shown below), it indicates that Quicken has accepted this request and put it on the roadmap. No ETA on when it will be implemented, however. As @Chris_QPW also indicated above, it is very difficult to make that type of change in a product like Quicken. Hopefully they will figure out how to do it.

Quicken Deluxe, Version R49.29, Build 27.1.49.29
    Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2965)

• Tea Leaf
    Tea Leaf Member ✭✭
    I turn on dark mode for all of my apps as I can. Large screen size is too much white space. Please have an option for dark mode.
  • Bill Meyer
    Bill Meyer Member ✭✭
    I would also like to request dark mode for quicken, you raised the subscription price again this year it would be nice if you added the features the user wants.
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    There seems to be a lull in information about the Sync issues, and there seems to be very little coming from Quicken regarding anything. Does anyone else agree that this would be an excellent time to get some fixes for using dark mode or fixing the the print preview mode while waiting for a sure fix for sync issue. I think it would go a long way in pacifying users by giving them something that has been established as is needed and or wanted wants during this "waiting" period. The print preview has needed fixing for years, and a dark mode would make Quicken much easier on the eyes!
  • madeira
    madeira Member ✭✭
    :# When can we have Quicken with a black background display?