How to enter Pfizer spin-off of a company called Viatris (VTRS).

Options
gerryl9
gerryl9 Member
edited February 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I have tried to enter the new shares issued to no avail?? any one out there with a suggestion.

I also have GE as a shareholding- I sold 100 a few years back- In the holdings it shows GE but when I input GE to sell- it will not accept the sale- have lived with this issue for years. enough. When you input the sale and then the symbol-GE does not show yet it is there in the holdings-insane.
Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See this thread https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7886128/regarding-viatris-spinoff-from-pfizer on this forum found by searching for Viatris.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @gerryl9

On your first issue, yes - Pfizer has a non-taxable spin-off of Viatris Inc. on 11/17/20.  Here's a link to a discussion about recording this spin-off in Quicken - LINK.

On the second issue - are you getting an error code?  If you haven't already done this, I suggest you consider validating your Quicken datafile.  Here's a link to guidance on how to validate your file- LINK.

Let me know how things go.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [EDIT] - updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GE -- In the Security list, is General Electric a 'hidden' security?  What is the security type for your GE security?