How to eliminate closed out positions from Investment Asset Allocation report?

Investment Asset Allocation report shows closed out positions -- typically showing a balance of $.00 or $.01. These positions were closed via "sell all" transactions so # of shares should be zero. Other than excluding securities in the Report set up page (...a temp fix) is there another option I'm missing or is this a bug in the report?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Funk48

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I am unable to recreate this issue, if I sell all of my shares of a holding, the asset allocation report does not report on that holding.

It would seem that you may still have fraction shares in the account. If you navigate to your brokerage account that houses the security in question, what does the share balance display for this holding?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Where these positions previously closed, and are just now showing up as not closed out?

If so a while back they recently changed the number of digits after the decimal point from 4 to 6 digits.  This means that for some positions that rounding is now different, and might result is what you describe.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Funk48
    Funk48 Member
    An example is PIMCO converted some of my shares in a fund from A to D class a few years ago, and the downloaded transaction was treated by Quicken as "Removed" the A shares and "Added" the D shares. After that date, the # of shares is Zero. When I run the Allocation Report, the # of Shares column is zero, but there is an $.01 that appears in the cost column and in the balance column. I have others too, and collectively they clutter up the Allocation Rpt.
This discussion has been closed.