Additional question about the current USAA/Quicken issues

2»

Comments

• jdhilt
    jdhilt Member ✭✭
    I'm still getting the CC-503 error after clicking on direct connect in tools/add account. That doesn't take as screen switches to loan, but I need banking so despite putting the exact access id/access pin screen comes back with another CC-503.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you are getting CC-503 you are using Express Web Connect not Direct Connect.  Direct Connect errors start with OL-.

Note that downloading of  loan accounts only work for Express Web Connect.

I don't have any loan accounts so I can't do any testing on those.  And I probably would setup my loan account up for manual/offline instead.

For setting up bank accounts be sure you go into the Advanced Settings as select Direct Connect.  If you have already set them up with Express Web Connect then you might be able to change to Direct Connect with selecting "Improve connection...." on the Online Services tab in the Account Details.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Mark L
    Mark L Member ✭✭
    > @"Chaplain Ross" said:

> The new USAA servers are the only ones with problems - not my other accounts that download to Quicken.

> Now we have to figure out why USAA is rejecting Quicken inquiries from overseas. But at least now I have a work around.

Yes, I'm working overseas. Since the security upgrade, I can only download USAA transactions into Quicken by using a US VPN, not even a European VPN works. I called USAA, they said the VPN issue is with Quicken. (I can access my USAA account online without VPN.)

The Quicken website customer service button doesn't function, this is the only venue I've found to ask for help. Quicken, can you resolve the VPN requirement for overseas USAA download?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Mark L even before this switch over there have been reports that USAA doesn't play well with VPN servers.  Basically the issue seems that for while now USAA has been tightening their security, and one of the measures they have been taking is not allowing access to machines that appear to be from another country.

With Express Web Connect which and go through the Quicken and Intuit servers there is a possibility that Quicken In/Intuit is responsible, but with Direct Connect that is just Quicken (the program) opening up a connection to the USAA OFX server.

I'm sure if you look in the Connection and OFX logs it will basically confirm that USAA rejected the connection.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rmiscoord
    rmiscoord Member ✭✭
    Problem with entering access ID access Pin solved. The Font displayed for ID shows the lower case L and Upper case i the same l & I and I choose poorly resulting in a lock out. Once I tried the other l it worked and did an update successfully. Tried another and it now asked for a password. Tried the one I had written down ages ago and it said update but when I did a one step step update it said wrong password. I used 00xxxxxxx x= member number. now locked out again. Any ideas?
  • I got my USAA checking account and USAA credit card to properly sync fairly quickly by following the new process back in early February. However, my USAA Savings account STILL does not pop up when I try to connect. The new pin # / access code thing only brings up my USAA Checking and USAA credit card account. What happened to my USAA Savings account to disassociate it? It's like it doesn't exist. Obviously I have checked with USAA itself and the same account is still there.