Download Error (2000)

I've been a long time Quicken Windows user and I'm moving over to Quicken Mac. In addition to the USAA double entry issue (Windows and Mac), with another institution I get "Download Error (2000) for all accounts (3) with that institution when I do a On-Step Update on the Mac. The Windows version does not give this error. In addition, i get "Download Error (503)" on one of those accounts on the Mac side. I've contacted the institution and they tell me that it's Quicken's problem. What am I dealing with here?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Error OL 301 with Schwab accounts (or "General error 2000")?

Logon to your Internet account at Schwab's website and make sure that in your profile, Security Center, "Third Party Access" is set to "Allow".
    Wait several minutes before attempting to download from Quicken again.

Quicken Mac users: Make sure that your account is connected to Schwab using the "Direct Connect"  method by clicking the "Options" button in the Add Account screen.

• Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    At no point in my question did I refer to Schwab. In fact, it's a credit union. I'll try to apply the principal, however, to your comments. Thanx.
  • Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    I'm still looking for an interpretation of "Download Error (2000)" during One-Step Update. I checked with my credit union who tells me that my accounts are not locked out. Can anyone tell me what that error is so I can ask the correct questions?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.