Error Codes OL-362-A & OL-362B when trying to import files from Bank of America

MaryU
MaryU Member ✭✭
How can I fix this? Trying to import several months of transactions from 2020 from Bank of America (Master Card) via web connect. (Current transactions are downloading fine for this account.) Pop-up window asks if I want to "Create a New Acct" or "Link to an Existing Acct" (which is pre-filled correctly). I click on "Existing" & click on "Import", but an error msg pops up saying, "The acct you selected cannot contain the data you have downloaded. Please select a different acct... Your financial institution has downloaded data for an acct that doesn't exist in your Quicken data file OL-362-A OL-362-B". I'm using Quicken 2020, Version R31.12, Build 27.1.31.12
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @MaryU,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. 

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account, then close the Add Account window that will open.

Once the test file opens, proceed to try and import the file again and see if you experience the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MaryU
    MaryU Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja - Thanks for your quick response. Still a problem...I followed your instructions. The transactions successfully downloaded into the newly created Test File, however, when I go back into my regular Quicken file & try to download the transactions, I continue to get the same error messages when I select "Link to an Existing Account". It pre-fills in the correct name of the Account where I want the transactions to go to, it just won't allow the download into the Existing Account. The Bank of America account has been part of my Quicken set up for years without problems. It seems like solely a problem to download missing transactions from 2020. What do I do next to try to fix? (There are too many missing transactions for me to have to enter these manually!). Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    @MaryU Thanks for the update, though I apologize for the delay in my response!

It sounds like the account may still be connected for automatic downloads while you are trying to import the file which could be the reason why you are being blocked from importing them to the Existing Account.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try deactivating the account first, then importing the transactions using the .qfx file, and if successful, then proceed to reactivate the account for automatic downloads.

If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate, and when you are ready to reactivate, please follow the steps found in this support article to reactivate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• MaryU
    MaryU Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja - Thanks for the add'l instructions above. However, I still get the same error msgs. 1) I know my account is no longer connected for auto downloads. 2) When I try to import the transactions using the .qfx file, I continue to receive the 2 errors -- OL-362-A & OL-362-B while the account is deactivated. 3) Question: Since I know I can successfully import the transactions to a Quicken Test File, is there a way for me to "move" the transactions from one "new" account that solely contains the imported transactions & merge them into my existing long-standing Bank of America account within Quicken? Or, what do you suggest I do now to get these transactions into the existing account without errors? Thanks.
  • MaryU
    MaryU Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja - Some progress... Only 1 remaining Error Message...I noticed that Quicken was prompting me to add "Bank of America - All Other States" as a new account, while the existing account is called "Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard from BOA". So, I was able to edit the Account Name to match. Then the .qfx transactions successfully downloaded. Yay! But now when I try to reactivate the Express Web Connect (tried several times), I get a Connection Problem - Error CC-502. I see that others have reported the CC-502 error msg with Bank of America over the last few days, so I will watch to see how that gets resolved by Quicken (since BOA has told customers that it is not a problem on their side). Thanks. For now, the OL-362-A and OL-362-B errors have been resolved. I believe root cause may have been the financial institution's name change?
  • Quicken Anja
    @MaryU Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you were able to get the transactions imported successfully, though I am sorry to hear about the CC-502 error you are now experiencing.

Do you recall whether or not you were using Express Web Connect to connect to Bank of America before, or were you using Direct Connect previously?

Please, check back and let me know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• MaryU
    MaryU Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja - Thanks for your response. I was using Express Web Connect to connect to BOA. I don't have any remaining issues now, since I was able to find how other Quicken users resolved the CC-502 error. Thank you for all of your help over the last few days!
  • Quicken Anja
    @MaryU You're welcome! I'm glad to hear all is working as expected now. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.