Can you tell me how to bypass the sign in to my quicken on my pc??

I upgraded and bought a 2019 CD of Quicken. Everytime it configures an old quicken file to the new format it has me sign in. Is there a way to bypass all sign ins, as I am the only one using it.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    @Barb - If you are saying that every time you open your data file it requires you to enter your PW to open the file, then I suggest you go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and if it says Yes for "Password required when Quicken starts" click on the blue underlined (change) so that it shows No.
    If, instead you are referring to the 1st time you convert and open an old Quicken data file:  You cannot change the requirement to have to log in the 1st time you open that file.  That log in allows your Quicken software to check with your Quicken.com account to confirm you have a valid license and subscription to use Quicken and to confirm the version of Quicken you are subscribed to.  You should not be getting that login request, again, after that 1st time.
    If you do get that request every time you open your previously converted and opened file, some people have said the following steps resolved this issue for them:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign out > then sign back in with your current Quicken ID and PW.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Barb
    Barb Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I am so sorry I upgraded this software. Everytime the new quicken configures an old quicken file, it asks me to sign in. Is there a way to fix this, as I am the only one using this software.

Can someone tell me how to rename a file? I simply just want the year 2020, when I search for it, and no other words or numbers!! Is that possible?
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    To rename your quicken file, start / Windows System / File Explorer, go to your documents \ Quicken folder, and you'll see your quicken file. Right click Rename, and give it a new name (8 characters or less, no space at the end, avoid punctuation).

What prompts you to log in? When you open Quicken on your Windows PC, it asks you to enter your Quicken ID? If so, enter your email and password. Once it's verified, it won't ask again. Quicken also can password protect your file, which you can disable if you no longer want that. Quicken also has a vault password to keep your bank passwords safe. Yes, you'll need to enter that password every time you go online.

wags Glad to be here!

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    If you're talking about the Quicken ID, yes you'll need to create your quicken ID and password, and once it's entered, it won't ask you again.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-id-frequently-asked-questions

wags Glad to be here!

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mention this happening whenever you open an "old quicken file".
    That makes sense, every file has to be associated with a Quicken Id, the old files just haven't been associated with a QID yet, so the login is needed.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    @Barb - If you are saying that every time you open your data file it requires you to enter your PW to open the file, then I suggest you go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and if it says Yes for "Password required when Quicken starts" click on the blue underlined (change) so that it shows No.
    If, instead you are referring to the 1st time you convert and open an old Quicken data file:  You cannot change the requirement to have to log in the 1st time you open that file.  That log in allows your Quicken software to check with your Quicken.com account to confirm you have a valid license and subscription to use Quicken and to confirm the version of Quicken you are subscribed to.  You should not be getting that login request, again, after that 1st time.
    If you do get that request every time you open your previously converted and opened file, some people have said the following steps resolved this issue for them:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign out > then sign back in with your current Quicken ID and PW.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.