Passwords won't updtate

Yesterday I reset all my financial institution passwords on the respective institutions websites. Now Quicken won't let me update them inside of Quicken. Keeps asking me, I keep entering new passwords, but it doesn't accept them. WHY??????

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Debra Tuggle Huser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and for trying the steps previously provide by thecreator, though I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble.

Next, I suggest you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue again and then reactivate them through Add Account (not through Set up Now) instead, in an attempt to establish a "fresh" connection.

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Debra Tuggle Huser" ,

Deactivate Online Services for each Register, then Set Up Now and be sure to link to the existing Register.
    Turn off Automatically add to Banking Registers.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• @thecreator
    Thanks - i tried that - for one account I get this error (image 1)

and for another account, I get this error (image 2)- but it never reauthorizes
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Debra Tuggle Huser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and for trying the steps previously provide by thecreator, though I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble.

Next, I suggest you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue again and then reactivate them through Add Account (not through Set up Now) instead, in an attempt to establish a "fresh" connection.

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.