How do I set up twice monthly mortgage payments?

Options
I recently switched to two mortgage payments per month and can't figure out how to make the change in Quicken (subscription service).
It would seem that, given that Quicken loans has a biweekly payment option they would support more than just monthly payments.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Biweekly is not twice monthly and Quicken Loans is an entirely different company.

To set up a twice monthly loan payment reminder, select Twice per month in the Payment schedule: pull-down menu in the Loan Details window.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    DebRun said:
    I set it up manually several months ago.
    Quicken - Deluxe, 2020, R31.12, 27.1.31.12
    My Loan Details screen has fewer choices and the only options are reminder vs. memorized payee.
    I hope that the image I pasted shows
    If the terms of the loan changed, open the account and select Edit Terms... on the Loan Detail view.

Before making significant changes to your data file, save a backup: press Ctrl + B

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Biweekly is not twice monthly and Quicken Loans is an entirely different company.

To set up a twice monthly loan payment reminder, select Twice per month in the Payment schedule: pull-down menu in the Loan Details window.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @DebRun

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. If we could get a couple of more details it may help. I believe you have the loan set up manually but to be sure if you're able to confirm. If it's a downloaded loan we're not able to add transactions manually but we'll need more information to see what exactly we can do.

Once you get  a chance let us know more and we'll take a deeper look!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why can't you set "Twice per month" as the payment schedule?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DebRun
    DebRun Member ✭✭
    Options
    My Loan Details screen has fewer choices and the only options are reminder vs. memorized payee.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    DebRun said:
    If the terms of the loan changed, open the account and select Edit Terms... on the Loan Detail view.

Before making significant changes to your data file, save a backup: press Ctrl + B
  • DebRun
    DebRun Member ✭✭
    Options
    Great! Edit Details was what I needed.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.