I got all my bank accounts updated except for E*Trade Bank, and it says by Express Web Connect

Just wanted to make sure that E*Trade Bank was not missed in figuring out how to update

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @tgeorgeSD,

I just want to make sure I understand your issue, so are you saying that your ETrade Bank account - which apparently connects via the Express Web Connect method - will not update in Quicken?

Do you receive an error code?  How long have you been unable to update this account?  

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tgeorgeSD
    tgeorgeSD Member ✭✭
    I last updated everything in Qucken on 1/6. I tried on Feb 21 to OSU and received no errors (or at least it did not show me any). but only 2 of 5 were able to be updated, but no errors to indicate a problem. I was able to get 2 more of them updated by selecting update from within the accounts. The 2 that were done the first time are direct connect. The 2 that I could do from within the account are Express Web Connect. Etrade is also Express Web Connect. I tried to reset the account for Etrade, and ended up with a mess - two accounts. I had made a backup of the file I was using when I was able to get 4 of 5 accounts updated, so I restored that backup. Also, it started syncing with the cloud when I tried to update in the beginning. If I look into the files that are synced, it seems to be that file I last backed up, and a very old file from 2016. Can I remove syncing with the cloud? When i try to update Etrade today, I get this message: You are about to sync a file which has older data than the cloud. Quicken will replace your cloud data with information from the current desktop datafile Continue? I'm assuming because I haven't done syncing in the past, I can continue, but thought I would ask if ther is a way to turn it off for now.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tgeorgeSD

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• tgeorgeSD
    tgeorgeSD Member ✭✭
    I created a new file, and added my e-trade account. It did ask me if I had 2-level security, which I said no, and it found the same name and added transactions and the account just fine, and it synced to the cloud.

I don't remember ever syncing to the cloud in the first place. Could this cause a problem?

Where do I go from here?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @tgeorgeSD

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would next return to your original data file.

I would then deactivate and reactivate the E*Trade account following the steps outlined below.

To deactivate the account, please see the information available here. To reactivate the account, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account. This will allow us to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

Please let me know how it goes or if the issues still persist.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tgeorgeSD
    tgeorgeSD Member ✭✭
    I think I finally have a good file. I'm not sure if one step updating is working correctly. Too tired to try right now. I'll post again on this thread, if I find I'm still having trouble. Can anyone tell me what is being synced to the cloud?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tgeorgeSD

Thank you for the response. To learn more about the Quicken Cloud and which information syncs, please see the post here.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.