Unable to connect to any financial institution - it was fixed by replacing cable modem

Options
Support Ticket T8335060 Purchased Quicken December 2020 and have been unable to connect to ALL financial institutions (Fidelity, Vanguard, etc.) I was told by Quicken Tech Support that it wasn't a Quicken issue, and they could not resolve it. I was told to contact Microsoft which I did (told it was a Quicken issue). Quicken told me to purchase a new computer, which this is (Lenovo 2020). Quicke told me to live with it, and no refund available. Very disappointed. After 26 years with Quicken, I am now a [removed - no soliciting]l user. Good luck!

Best Answer

• David BBackpacker
    David BBackpacker Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Update: I contacted my Internet Service Provider, Spectrum. I was told they don't block any programs from connecting to the internet. They agreed to send a tech out to check the line and the modem. Both tested satisfactory. He suggested we install Quicken on a second computer, which we did with the same result: "Unable to Connect" to any institution. He agreed to replace the modem. Remarkably, with the new modem Quicken is now able to connect to all my financial institutions! It's been many hours and a great deal of frustration but I'm glad to have the issue finally resolved. I hope this post helps someone else from going through a similar experience.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @David BBackpacker

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message requesting some more information.

Please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • David BBackpacker
    David BBackpacker Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Update: I contacted my Internet Service Provider, Spectrum. I was told they don't block any programs from connecting to the internet. They agreed to send a tech out to check the line and the modem. Both tested satisfactory. He suggested we install Quicken on a second computer, which we did with the same result: "Unable to Connect" to any institution. He agreed to replace the modem. Remarkably, with the new modem Quicken is now able to connect to all my financial institutions! It's been many hours and a great deal of frustration but I'm glad to have the issue finally resolved. I hope this post helps someone else from going through a similar experience.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David BBackpacker said: I hope this post helps someone else from going through a similar experience.
    [EDIT] - Thanks for sharing the update -
    I have updated the topic title to include mention of the Cable Modem

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it worth I would bet that is a cable modem and router combined.  Routers certainly have the ability to block certain network traffic since they have firewall built into them.  It might have just be a messed up configuration or maybe even some kind of hardware problem, but more likely a messed up configuration.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • David BBackpacker
    Options
    @Chris_QPW: "For what it worth I would bet that is a cable modem and router combined."
    You are 100% correct! The original hardware was a single-unit modem-router combined piece of hardware. The new replacement is composed of two components, a modem with separate router, and BOTH ARE NEW.
This discussion has been closed.