Prevent fields from easily being changed?

So, for some reason I keep accidentally changing fields when going through my registry. Specifically the date, since this is the default field when scrolling up/down the registry. Is it possible to warn or confirm changes to the registry? I could not locate a specific setting for this in preferences but I did find under Notify -> 'Before changing reconciled transactions'. This does not work however, since I do not get a notification or warnings when changing reconciled dates.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @lionlime

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  I'm wondering here if we should be able to do this by having it notify you to save a transaction after changing it. You should be able to do this from the same notification menu as well. Just in case you can find it by going across the top to edit > preferences > notify > last option should to save a transaction after changing it.

Once you've given this a try see if you're able to get it to work. If it doesn't let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @lionlime

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  I'm wondering here if we should be able to do this by having it notify you to save a transaction after changing it. You should be able to do this from the same notification menu as well. Just in case you can find it by going across the top to edit > preferences > notify > last option should to save a transaction after changing it.

Once you've given this a try see if you're able to get it to work. If it doesn't let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what is worth "edit > preferences > notify > last option should to save a transaction after changing it" has never worked for me.  No notification if I change transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lionlime
    lionlime Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Francisco" said:
    > Hello
    > @lionlime
    >
    > Thank
    > you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do
    > apologize for the issue you're having.  I'm wondering here if we should be able to do this by having it notify you to save a transaction after changing it. You should be able to do this from the same notification menu as well. Just in case you can find it by going across the top to edit > preferences > notify > last option should to save a transaction after changing it.
    >
    > Once you've given this a try see if you're able to get it to work. If it doesn't let us know and we'll see what we can try next.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken
    > Francisco

Thank you Francisco. This seems to work and what I am looking for.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @lionlime

Glad to hear it did work for you! If you do run into any more issues let us know and we'll see what we can do!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I read you post I was puzzled as to why you are having this problem since I almost never change a transaction date by mistake, but then it dawned on my that most likely the issue arose because you have the "Account Bar" on the left side of the screen while my Account Bar is to the right.
    If you're still encountering this problem or simply get tired of seeing that warning pop up then moving the Account Bar to the right side of the screen should solve the issue.  When the Account Bar is to the right of the screen and you're using the slider, if you go "off course" and wander into the register itself you're typically going to be in the Balance column and you can't change that column with an errant click or key stroke.

This discussion has been closed.