How to share Quicken data between multiple users on a shared computer

Options
My wife and I share a laptop, and each have our own Windows logon to that laptop. I installed Quicken and set up some data. When she logs on to that same computer (using her Windows account logon), and opens Quicken, authenticating to Quicken using my Quicken account credentials, she doesn't see the data that I set up. She adds payment accounts, which I don't see when I log on to the laptop and go back into Quicken.

Please, how do I share the same Quicken data between multiple Windows users on the same computer. Do I need to remove & re-install Quicken a special way?

Answers

• Lou L
    Lou L Member
    Options
    Apologies if this Q is redundant. I searched and found posts about sharing across multiple computers, but not about sharing across multiple users on the same computer.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Move the .QDF data file out of \users\lou\ (or wherever it is) into \users\public\ . Then all users of the PC will be able to see it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After doing as explained by Rocket, you HAVE to remember to NEVER switch between Windows users with Quicken open.  It may not end well for your data file.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list