Is it possible to download from a credit union the same .QFX file and import a second time?

Options
gofish
gofish Member
When i downloaded and imported the file the first time, it loaded with the banking descriptions not corrected, so I deleted the information I download. And attempted a QFX file download (successfully) however not able to import a second time. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken uses a unique identifier for each downloaded transaction to prevent duplicates. In other words, if it sees the same transaction ID a second time, it ignores it.
    I suggest you restore a backup from before the first QFX import. That file will not have the transaction IDs already in it and should accept the transactions.
    I don't know what "it loaded with banking descriptions not corrected" means, so you'll have to handle that yourself or explain it further if you need more help.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken uses a unique identifier for each downloaded transaction to prevent duplicates. In other words, if it sees the same transaction ID a second time, it ignores it.
    I suggest you restore a backup from before the first QFX import. That file will not have the transaction IDs already in it and should accept the transactions.
    I don't know what "it loaded with banking descriptions not corrected" means, so you'll have to handle that yourself or explain it further if you need more help.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not easily. 
    In each transaction that's downloaded there's a FITID field.  That's "Financial Institution Transaction ID", which uniquely identifies each transaction.
    Q uses the FITID to prevent duplicate transactions from downloading if Q has "seen" that FITID before.
    SO, you could edit the QFX file and change each FITID (probably by adding another number at the end of what's sent) OR, you could restore from a backup that you created before that prior download (so that Q has no longer seen the FITID's contained therein) and then import the QFX.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another possible way of doing it would be to deactivate the current account.  Then import the QFX file into another account.  Move to transactions between the accounts.  And then reactivate the old account.

Any solutions going to be messy.  That really is a feature that Quicken should include where you can tell it to not use the unique ID for a import.

Maybe somebody should put that out as a suggestion.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.