Can not click "Reviewed" on white envelop transaction (Q Mac)

Options
rlev
rlev Member
Can not click "Reviewed" on white envelop transaction
this transaction has cleared at bank but the envelope has not changed.
One would think you could manually change its state but that does not seem to be the case (tried clicking envelop, option R, and transaction menu)

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @rlev,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Envelope transactions indicate that this was a sent payment. May I ask if this transaction was a payment you entered into and sent from your Quicken account register, or was this transaction a payment that was downloaded into the register?

To start with one thing you can try is to change the transaction to a manual transaction first, then see if it will then let you mark it as Reviewed.

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Then, once the backup is saved; Click on the transaction in question so it's highlighted/selected, then hold Option on your keyboard and click Delete at the bottom of the register. A dropdown menu at the top of the register will show, and choose the option Change to manual from it. Doing this should change the transaction from a payment transaction to a manual transaction which should switch the Envelope icon to an Orange Pencil icon. Now, try marking the transaction as Reviewed.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• rlev
    rlev Member
    Options
    Have a transaction with a white envelope status which can not be changed to reviewed (sent as another question in forum). So I tried to "Reject Automatic Transaction Match" and the statement Payee was removed from the transaction in both the register and in the transaction info ... can't seem to get it back.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @rlev,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Envelope transactions indicate that this was a sent payment. May I ask if this transaction was a payment you entered into and sent from your Quicken account register, or was this transaction a payment that was downloaded into the register?

To start with one thing you can try is to change the transaction to a manual transaction first, then see if it will then let you mark it as Reviewed.

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Then, once the backup is saved; Click on the transaction in question so it's highlighted/selected, then hold Option on your keyboard and click Delete at the bottom of the register. A dropdown menu at the top of the register will show, and choose the option Change to manual from it. Doing this should change the transaction from a payment transaction to a manual transaction which should switch the Envelope icon to an Orange Pencil icon. Now, try marking the transaction as Reviewed.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• rlev
    rlev Member
    Options
    Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100)
    It was downloaded from BOA
    The change to manual worked!
    Thanks
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @rlev You're welcome!

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.