Quicken account updates mistake PSK for BWX

For the past several months, when I download activity for PSK in my Fidelity account, Quicken thinks its BWX, which I have not owned since 2008. Any suggestions about how to fix this?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @thebenskys

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. You should be able to fix this by going across the top to the tools > security list. From there click in BWX and it should bring up security detail view. From there on the left click edit details and put in PSK for symbol and then look it up. Make sure all the information matches then click ok. From there You should have the correct symbol and ideally it'll also fix it for your register as well.

Once you've done this let us know how it goes. If you're still having trouble let us know and we'll take another look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken matches data for a security received from a financial institution to a security in the Quicken file using the CUSIP ID field provided by the financial institution.  When we import data for a security with a CUSIP ID that is not matched, we are prompted to match the security to an existing security that is not matched to an online security or to create a new security.  We may clear this linkage by unchecking Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the next time Quicken attempts to match their CUDIP IDs, we should be prompted to select the appropriate Quicken security again.
  • thebenskys
    thebenskys Member ✭✭
    Once again, I tried replying by email but the email was rejected.

Thanks very much. I already have PSK as a a security so Quicken will not let me rename BWX as PSK.

I have now unchecked "matched with online security" for BWX and will see if the problem occurs again.
This discussion has been closed.