Single transaction didn't download - OL-362-A error upon import of transaction?

THEmikehd
THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
I had a single transaction on my Citi card account not download in February. I did a qfx download of this single transaction. Upon import Q wanted to create a new account (image 1), but since I already have Citi set up (and been running smoothly until now) I selected the second option (image 2). I'm then greeted with the error message "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file. [OL-362-A] (image 3).

Note that the file format is QFX (Web Direct).

I'll just manually add the transaction to get through this, but are there any steps I can take to ensure it doesn't happen in the future?

I did find and read the support page for this error code but it looks to be a bit more than needed for a one off issue. I would expect the account information to be out of sync for all transactions, not just one.
Mike - Quicken Deluxe - latest version always
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional information.

In that case, then if you haven't already and still wish to try further troubleshooting, I do suggest restoring a backup file from before you noticed the issue occurred (02/01/2021). Then, run a One Step Update in the restored file to see if the same issue occurs so you can compare the results between the restored file and your current original data file.

If needed, please review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    edited March 2021
    Hello @THEmikehd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, did you deactivate the account from the current connection method you have set up for it before attempting to import the .qfx file? If not, this could be why you are receiving an error.

If needed, please refer to this support article for instructions on how to deactivate the account. Then, follow the steps below to import and link the .qfx file.
    1. Download and import the bank (.qfx) file as you normally would
    2. You should then receive the dialogue box shown belowClick Link to an existing account, then choose the account nickname from the drop-down menu.
    3. Click Import
    Now that you deactivated the account first, see if the import will work successfully or if you still receive the same error code.

If successful, you will then need to deactivate the account again, and then reactivate the account to set the original connection method you had back up. If needed, please refer to this support article for reactivation instructions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    Version is in my signature: Quicken Deluxe 2020 R31.20

Didn't see that requirement for deactivation.

However, I've found it much easier to simply manually enter the transaction and call it cleared.

A bigger concern is that there is still a difference between my quicken citi register and the online account, even when including the pending transactions in my quicken citi register. Not a huge amount but makes one concerned about the accuracy of the download process.

If I deactivate the account and download all transactions for the past year, how will Quicken handle this? Will I get a bunch of duplicates or will it recognize that these duplicates are not needed and will only add the ones that were missed?

thanks,
  • Quicken Anja
    THEmikehd said:
    If I deactivate the account and download all transactions for the past year, how will Quicken handle this? Will I get a bunch of duplicates or will it recognize that these duplicates are not needed and will only add the ones that were missed?
    Most likely, yes, it will, unfortunately, create duplicate transactions. 

May I ask when the issue with having an incorrect balance in Quicken started happening? If it was recent enough, have you tried restoring a backup file that was saved prior to when the issue started? 

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    To my knowledge it happened only once on Feb 1 2021. I now think it is more likely that I somehow inadvertently deleted the transaction. It isn't hidden, I've gone through those steps to be sure.

Thanks for the help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for the additional information.

In that case, then if you haven't already and still wish to try further troubleshooting, I do suggest restoring a backup file from before you noticed the issue occurred (02/01/2021). Then, run a One Step Update in the restored file to see if the same issue occurs so you can compare the results between the restored file and your current original data file.

If needed, please review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.