One Step Update Not Doing Changing Account Data

Quicken updated recently and now OSU is not actually updating any account data at all. It appears to download the data, show the "processing" in the list of accounts being updated BUT now new transactions are added to the accounts.

My confidence in Quicken has been on a downhill trajectory since it was removed as an Intuit product.

[Removed-Rant/Unhelpful]

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @dbottaro

Thanks for letting us know. In your case I believe it would be best to contact  Quicken Support as you had to do previously. They should have the notes to be able to look up what exactly is happening and get you back up and running. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Answers

• dbottaro
    dbottaro Member
    The above should say "BUT no new transactions"
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dbottaro

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running. This can help determine if an issue is related to a specific release.

If you have not done so already, can you please attempt to update from the register?
    1. Open the transaction register for the account that is not downloading.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    Do you receive any downloaded transactions this way or any error messages?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dbottaro
    dbottaro Member
    Hi Tyka,

I tried updating directly from the register and got the same result - no updated transactions.

I am running the latest release, R 31.20
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• dbottaro
    dbottaro Member
    Same behavior. I initially ran the SuperValidate and it found one corrupt bill reminder. I attempted the update again it did nothing.

I then performed the steps in the linked document and have the same results. I may have to try this with an old backup datafile.

However, I will note I have had issues previously with bad reminders. See my previous post here that resulted in an actual call to tech support to fix.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @dbottaro

Thanks for letting us know. In your case I believe it would be best to contact  Quicken Support as you had to do previously. They should have the notes to be able to look up what exactly is happening and get you back up and running. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

This discussion has been closed.