Wells Fargo direct connect invalid login

Options
ae6dx
ae6dx Member ✭✭✭
My Wells Fargo accounts are all downloading except for one credit card. I try to reestablish direct connect and it says I need a login. I know my info is correct because I can access their website and my other WF accounts are downloading fine. I signed in to wellsfargo.com/fmssetup as well before trying Quicken but no change.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @ae6dx Thank you for your response and confirming that you have already tried Quicken Francisco's troubleshooting suggestion, though I apologize that the issue continues to persist and for not having received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services (this does not affect your data). Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, go back through Tools > Add Account to try and reconnect the account. If you still receive the same error, then please go through the wellsfargo.com/fmssetup process again, and then try reactivating through Add Account again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @ae6dx,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, aside from the error login message you received, is there any error code(s) that you received as well that you could provide us with here, please?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• ae6dx
    ae6dx Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @Quicken%20Anja

This is the error I'm getting.  But I know my user I'd already has direct connect because it works for all my other Wells Fargo accounts.

Here is the Quicken version info

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ae6dx

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if the reason it may be the way you're trying to connect. Are you trying to reactivate the account since I believe you've deactivated it? If so we might be able to see if we're able to connect by treating it like a new account. To do you this you can go across the top to tools > add account. Try to add the account through here and it should ask you for the FMSsetup again. 

Once you've tried this see if you're able to get a different result. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• ae6dx
    ae6dx Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @quickenfrancisco

Yes I tried that as well adding a new account same error

Bradford
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @ae6dx Thank you for your response and confirming that you have already tried Quicken Francisco's troubleshooting suggestion, though I apologize that the issue continues to persist and for not having received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services (this does not affect your data). Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, go back through Tools > Add Account to try and reconnect the account. If you still receive the same error, then please go through the wellsfargo.com/fmssetup process again, and then try reactivating through Add Account again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.