How to update Industry designation for a Security

Options
back2jack
back2jack Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Some of my securities don't reflect their commonly known Industry in the Security details (eg, BP Oil). How do I update that field, if Quicken doesn't provide it or has it wrong?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see that the Industry/Category is missing for BP, but it is present for most other stocks and mutual funds. This data is downloaded with the quotes and unfortunately there is no way for a user to edit or update it.

I think your only option to get this fixed would be to contact Quicken Support.

Problems like this have persisted for a long time in the past, but it's worth a try.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • scarraway
    scarraway Member
    Options
    Many of my stocks show Industry as Unknown. Quicken never updates them to show industry.
  • jwhalenpa
    jwhalenpa Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Ditto

[Removed - Speculation/Innaccurate]
  • jwhalenpa
    jwhalenpa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Why was my post edited "Removed - Speculation/Innaccurate"[sp]?

I merely and succinctly stated that I too have issues with the industry designation in Quicken Portfolio View.

What is quicken doing about it?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We users do not know what Quicken is doing to resolve this issue. 

To help register the problem you can go to Help > Report a problem in Quicken.

QWin Premier subscription
  • PoliteOboe
    PoliteOboe Member
    Options

I too have this issue. Major companies are not catergorized or incorrectly categorized including APPL, NVDA, DIS, BRKB, etc. We need a way to assign an industry when the downloaded data is missing or inaccurate

This discussion has been closed.