Quicken update is still broken-ends up in a continued loop that does not stop

Quicken update is still broken-ends up in a continued loop that does not stop - You have to use Windows task manager to stop quicken, since it is stuck in update mode. This has been going on for months.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @bhughesnp

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would recommend contacting support directly by phone on Monday for advanced troubleshooting steps.
    https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,
      -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bhughesnp

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

To avoid repetition, what steps have you tried so far to address this issue?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • bhughesnp
    bhughesnp Member
    Thanks for the reply
    This same problem has been going on for months. When I try to do a normal Quicken update, or to update my banking, Quicken Update just never ends, never finishes... At one point a few weeks ago, there was a note in the Quicken Community postings that this common problem had been fixed...NO, it has not.

I have let it go and run in update mode for hours a few times (and if I try to exit, it says it is in the middle of an update, so that I should wait until the update is complete to exit quicken, but it never finishes), and it still does not ever end. I end up having to do a windows task manager "end program", to get out of quicken, and to end the program abruptly, which is not good for the program or data.

I am running Quicken Premier Windows 2020 R 31.20 Build 27.1.31.20

Even though I just added my newly online bought 2021 subscription, there were lots of problems trying to get it loaded, so had to go back to my 2020 Quicken CD to reload the old program (2020 Premier), and then enter my new subscription activation code (yesterday), so I should have been able to get a newer 2021 version, but it does show 2020 in the about quicken info.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @bhughesnp

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would recommend contacting support directly by phone on Monday for advanced troubleshooting steps.
    https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,
      -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.