Why does USAA not permit scheduling a credit card payment for a future date when using Quick Pay?

Of all the billers I have, USAA is the only one that does not permit scheduling a credit card payment for a future date when using Quick Pay. Instead, when Quick Pay is selected, it must be only for the current date. Does anyone know why payments to a USAA credit card cannot be scheduled for a future date?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @carlj07

Thank you for giving those steps a try, although I apologize that you are still unable to schedule the payment at a further date.

The message does state that it is the biller, (USAA) that is requiring a specific date. The allowed payment date is dictated by the biller and we do not have any additional settings or options to change it at this time.

I would recommend opening Quicken and navigating to Help > Report a Problem to provide feedback on this issue. 

I apologize for not having better news or a solution to this at this time.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @carlj07

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

When attempting to schedule a payment do you receive an error message when attempting to schedule at a later date? If so, what is the exact message?

If you attempt to make the payment using the register? Do you get the same result? 

Quicken Bill Manager Scheduling Future-Dated Payments In Windows

To make a Quick Pay payment from the register, enter a new transaction with the desired date and choose the option shown above from the Check # column.

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Quicken Tyka for the suggestions. The so-called error message occurs regardless if I am making a payment from my register or from the Bills & Income tab using Quick Pay AND it only occurs with USAA (all my other Quick Pay billers allow me to schedule a payment for a future date).

I attached a screenshot showing the issue - when I attempt to make a payment to USAA on a date other than today's date (3/13/2021), the message "Biller requires a date of 3/13/2021 or earlier" is given (in red), preventing me from scheduling a payment to USAA for a future date.

Is this a Quicken issue or a USAA issue?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @carlj07

Thank you for the response and the screenshot. As a test, can you please change the category from a transfer to a non-transfer category?

I am curious if the transfer is preventing the transaction form from being scheduled further out.

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi again, Quicken_Tyka;

I did as you suggested - same result - included a screenshot again. From my register, when I select Pay(Quick Pay/Check Pay), a pop-up list appears listing all of my Quick Pay/Check Pay payees. As soon as I select USAA Credit Card Payments and select the Pay button, the pop-up window appears (same as screenshot) with the message "Biller requires a date of 3/13/2021 or earlier" (today's date) in red. Changing the category to a non-transfer category had no effect on the date issue.

I'd be happy to continue to troubleshoot with any further suggestions you may offer. Thank you.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @carlj07

Thank you for giving those steps a try, although I apologize that you are still unable to schedule the payment at a further date.

The message does state that it is the biller, (USAA) that is requiring a specific date. The allowed payment date is dictated by the biller and we do not have any additional settings or options to change it at this time.

I would recommend opening Quicken and navigating to Help > Report a Problem to provide feedback on this issue. 

I apologize for not having better news or a solution to this at this time.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ed13
    Ed13 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    [removed - rant/unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.