Why do I need a subscription

Using Quicken Deluxe. About lists version as 2020 R31.12 27.1.31.12. I see that some kind of subscription automatically renewed and hit my credit card. I use Quicken as a stand alone application to keep all of my accounts balanced. I do not connect to any financial institutions or use any online bill pay. I do sync my file to the cloud so that I can see and enter transactions on my phone, tablet or on the web. Do I need to have a subscription to do this?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Carolyn Case

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question!

Quicken Subscription is designed so that you never go through the upgrade process again. In addition to online banking, you’ll automatically receive new Quicken features, versions, and services as part of your Quicken subscription, so you'll always have the newest product. To provide you with these new features, a subscription is required.  All future Quicken products will be subscription products.

To learn more about the Quicken subscription, please see the information here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  QMobile/Q-Web are considered online banking features and require a current subscription to work.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Carolyn Case
    Carolyn Case Member ✭✭
    I do not use the online bill pay except through my bank. I've NEVER been able to get the mobile app work. I do reconcile my accounts. I wasn't aware of needing a subscription. Do I have to pay for one? I thought these notices were some scam.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Carolyn Case

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question!

Quicken Subscription is designed so that you never go through the upgrade process again. In addition to online banking, you’ll automatically receive new Quicken features, versions, and services as part of your Quicken subscription, so you'll always have the newest product. To provide you with these new features, a subscription is required.  All future Quicken products will be subscription products.

To learn more about the Quicken subscription, please see the information here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~