Duplicate Bill

Has anyone received an actual answer on how to resolve duplicate bills from showing up in the Bills & Income section. It is only for credit card bills were there is 1) the actual credit card reminder and 2) transfer from the account I normally pay from.

I have seen a lot of posts but none seem to have found an answer to this question.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MikeH2OSki

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

P take a moment to navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Does this happen with every bill or just some? Are they linked online? If so, what is the name of the biller? Have there been any changes to the account that could be causing the duplication?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • MikeH2OSki
    MikeH2OSki Member ✭✭
    I am running (Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100) on macOS 11.2.3. The duplicate bills happens when there is a schedule bill and I have the actual credit card account and the transfer account that I will be paying the credit card with. I pay all bills manually. For example; my visa credit card reminder shows up in Bills & Income twice. The first is showing the due date for the Visa account. The second is showing the same Visa payment and same date but for my checking account. However, when I click on Transfer for the first after I make the manual payment both are updated and removed until the next monthly bill.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100) on MacOS 11.2.3.

Whenever I create a 'New Bill' in the "Bills & Income" section, multiple transactions are created. I can't pinpoint when this started happening, but I know this didn't always occur as previous bills that were created the same way only show a single transaction.

For whatever reason, Quicken is now showing both sides of the transfer as a separate transaction. Does not happen if the bill does not include a transfer from one account to another account.

I filed a Problem Report through Quicken, but they don't respond to those requests.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Hoss  The Help > Report a Problem feature is a one way trip into a black hole; you will (almost) never get a response. They will either validate the bug from the information you provide, or if they can't, discard the report. If you're okay just reporting the issue, this can be helpful. If you want to talk to someone about it, you'd want to instead call Quicken Support and have an agent screen share your Quicken so they can see what you're seeing and troubleshoot it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hoss
    Hoss Member ✭✭
    @jacobs" Thanks, I only reported it as in another now closed thread on this issue, someone from Quicken said they do not see any open tickets on the issue and seemed to indicate nothing would happen if a ticket wasn't filed.... ;-)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Hoss  It's my supposition that a large percentage of the Report a Problem submissions they get end up being discarded. Many users aren't good at clearly and accurately describing a problem, and how to reproduce it. And many issues depend on specific data in a user's file or with a certain financial institution. I imagine they have someone reading and trying to validate each submission, but if they can't do so with the information provided, they discard it; I'm pretty sure most do not become open tickets in their system.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hoss
    Hoss Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka My bills are not linked online. They were created as "Other Bill or Income" that are offline.
  • MikeH2OSki
    MikeH2OSki Member ✭✭
    I guess nobody has a solution to my issue. Will raise it on the quick support site
This discussion has been closed.