I still am unable to update Quicken. What's going on?

ghdsed
ghdsed Member ✭✭
I continue to get the message that Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time. Please try again in 15 minutes. It has now been 8 days!! Help!!

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This can happen if the online services token on your Cloud Account needs to be refreshed.  I suggest you try signing out of Quicken and then sign back in, again:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > follow the prompts to sign out > sign in again using your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Let me know if this resolves the issue.  It often will but if it does not there are a couple of other things that can be done to fix it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    @ghdsed - Did you try signing in as a different user as I suggested above?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    This can happen if the online services token on your Cloud Account needs to be refreshed.  I suggest you try signing out of Quicken and then sign back in, again:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > follow the prompts to sign out > sign in again using your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Let me know if this resolves the issue.  It often will but if it does not there are a couple of other things that can be done to fix it.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    • If you haven't done so already, reboot Windows and try again.
    • Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
      If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in:
      https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access
    • Are you getting "Oops, something went wrong"?
      Have you recently enabled a VPN? If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission. Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound internet connections for the program to work.
    • Try adding https://*.quicken.com to the Trusted Sites list in Control Panel or Internet Explorer's "Internet Options"
    • Still using Windows 7 SP1?
      As of January 14, 2020, Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft!
      Ensure that TLS 1.2 is enabled in Control Panel / Internet Options.
      In Windows Control Panel select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
      Click Apply.
      Click the Content tab.
      Click the "Clear SSL State" button under Certificates.
      Click Apply, then OK.
      Close IE. Close and restart Quicken.
    Please let me know if this list helps you find a solution (and which item it was).

• ghdsed
    ghdsed Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding. I have rebooted but still have the same problem. The message I receive is the same. I believe the problem stems from the impact the stimulus payments had on the banks, but I am not sure why it is not yet resolved. I have tried downloading from my bank to Quicken which results in a QFX file to my computer, but Quicken does not acknowledge the file.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    @ghdsed - Did you try signing in as a different user as I suggested above?

• ghdsed
    ghdsed Member ✭✭
    Actually, dummy me!
    I finally just did that and it totally solved my problem. Thanks! I'm all set now!
  • Boatnmaniac
    I'm glad that I could be of help.  The Cloud Account token needing to be refreshed does not happen very often.  It seems to happen most frequently after updating the Quicken software or when renewing the subscription.   It's frustrating when it happens but fortunately it is usually easy to fix. 
    Thank you for confirming that it worked for you.

This discussion has been closed.