Restarting my subscription

My subscription is due to run out in a few weeks. I just noticed My Account page has changed. I had my old subscription set up to not automatically renew. It looks like that is no longer an option.
Also, my credit card number has changed and I can't find where to change my credit card data.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If you do not see the options shown above then auto-renew is disabled.

I have also viewed your Quicken account and confirmed that you do not have auto-renew enabled.

Choosing "Restart Subscription" will renew the subscription for another year. Selecting this option will allow you to enter a new payment method.

Choosing to restart the subscription will not cause you to be charged for Bill Pay.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

To disable auto-renew visit  Quicken.com and sign in. Then choose Manage Subscriptions > Cancel Subscription > Cancel Renewal. This will disable auto-renewal.

To update payment information, choose Manage subscription > Update payment from the account page.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka
    I've looked at this before and questioned it then.  How/where on this screenshot does a user click on "Cancel Subscription > Cancel Renewal"?
    The only other thing on the screen not shown is the log out in the upper right corner.
    I clicked on "Manage" in the subscription section to get this screen after logging into Quicken.com.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @splasher

Thank you for the question! Your account currently has auto-renew disabled. You will not see the option to cancel.

If the account is enabled for auto-renew you should have the options below.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Quicken_Tyka , I guess once you go to auto-renew OFF, Quicken doesn't expect a user to want to turn it back on unless that is what the very vague "Restart Subscription" implies.   I've never clicked on it since it sounds like my subscription expired and I want to "Restart" it.  Poor choice of wording by the designers to me.  :)

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

To disable auto-renew visit  Quicken.com and sign in. Then choose Manage Subscriptions > Cancel Subscription > Cancel Renewal. This will disable auto-renewal.

To update payment information, choose Manage subscription > Update payment from the account page.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

Tyka,

When I log in to "My Account", I don't get any of the options you say are supposed to be there.  What is "restart" my subscription? I have almost a month before it runs out.
    I always had auto-renewal off until I was sure I wanted to renew for another year. But now I have no options to do anything except restart.

Also, it looks to me that if I click on "restart" I will also get charged for "Bill Pay" which I don't want.

When I click on "Manage Subscriptions" there is no option to "Update Payment". So how do I change my credit card if I decide to renew?

Honestly, I've been with Quicken for years, but with all the connection problems I've had the last 6 months, I have been trying other financial apps for the last month or so and finally decided to stay with Quicken for another year. This may cause me to rethink that.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If you do not see the options shown above then auto-renew is disabled.

I have also viewed your Quicken account and confirmed that you do not have auto-renew enabled.

Choosing "Restart Subscription" will renew the subscription for another year. Selecting this option will allow you to enter a new payment method.

Choosing to restart the subscription will not cause you to be charged for Bill Pay.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.