when editing scheduled reminders

When editing reminders, would be nice if in addition to "skip this one", "edit ALL", and "delete ALL", a choice to "enter this one now" was available.
Tagged:

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    It exists. Non-auto reminders have Enter in their right-click menu. I don't know why Auto reminders don't, but the Enter command is right there in the dialog's main menu.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Kev57
    Kev57 Member
    Sorry, didn't explain well. Was referring to "auto" reminders. Thanks
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I also didn't explain well. The Enter command is available for Auto reminders, as I highlighted in my screen shot.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Kev57
    Kev57 Member
    >Rocket you are very good lol, no it is I who once again didn't explain well. When clicking the "gear" icon in the register one gets the choices to "skip this one", "edit ALL", and "delete ALL", was wanting a choice to enter "there" instead of having to go to "All reminders". Once again, Thanks
  • jujujuju
    jujujuju Member ✭✭✭
    Just double click on the auto reminder.
  • Kev57
    Kev57 Member
    jujujuju, am referring to entry's already in the "register" for "auto" reminders, not Tools>Manage..., in the ribbon. Clicking the "gear" icon gives the options "skip this one", "edit ALL", and "delete ALL", sometimes my auto-pay bills I pay early. Thanks
  • jujujuju
    jujujuju Member ✭✭✭
    I still don't know what you are saying. In my version of Quicken 2016, I don't see those options in the pull down menu when clicking on the gear icon or right clicking in a transaction register.

I don't see a gear icon in the Bill and Income Reminder screen, but I do see buttons for Enter, Edit, Skip, and I see those among the choices when I right click on an auto reminder. Here you can also double click on the auto reminder to enter it now.

I don't use "Tools>Manage..., in the ribbon. " In my Home screen, Scheduled Items is the first tab at the top. Might this be where you are?

Or perhaps this is a difference among Quicken versions.
  • Kev57
    Kev57 Member
    >jujujuju, lets say you add a reminder that "auto" enters "so many days" in advance, now in your register you have it showing reminders "so many days ahead", you will see a blue Auto icon in the "status" area of the register, you can click that icon "or the gear icon that appears when you select that entry", it will give you the option to "Skip this one>Delete ALL or Edit ALL. And as Rocket said above, if the reminder is NOT set to "Auto enter" the same gear icon allows you to "Enter now".
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have put in an idea to fix the fact that the menu for the automatic reminders in the register don' have an Enter when they should.  I think if you look at that suggestion it will clear up what everyone is talking about here.  What's more people should vote on it so that Quicken Inc knows people want this fixed.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7890745/the-menu-for-automatic-reminders-should-include-enter
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kev57
    Kev57 Member
    >Chris_QPW, awesome!!! Got my vote! Thanks
  • jujujuju
    jujujuju Member ✭✭✭
    Kev57: Now I see what you are talking about. I never use that portion of the register screen. However, I just set up one, and I can double click on it to enter.

Have you tried to double click on it?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jujujuju said:
    Kev57: Now I see what you are talking about. I never use that portion of the register screen. However, I just set up one, and I can double click on it to enter.

Have you tried to double click on it?
    I have and it doesn't do anything. I'm guessing you are talking about somewhere else maybe in the Downloaded Transactions/Bills tab?

This pertains to the the showing of the reminders in the register.  I tested Quicken 2016 and it does the same thing.  This is where you use this clock icon to show reminders in the register:

Double clicking here only brings up the menu, and closes it:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jujujuju
    jujujuju Member ✭✭✭
    Everywhere I have seen an auto reminder I can double left click on it and it brings up the box to change and enter the transaction. But I have my "show reminders for" set to "don't show reminders". I have opened the box on the transaction register screen below the register itself, using the "Bill and Income Reminders" tab at the bottom of the register screen.

But now I see what you guys are talking about. I would find having unentered transactions appearing in the register itself to be very confusing, but if that is helpful to you, then yes the suggested fix to Quicken would be a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.