cannot have a range over 23 years 3 months for display of market value in security detail view

bambart
bambart Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
if you have stocks held for mush more than 23 years and 3 months you cannot use market value in the security detail view for the entire range. It looks like it is a built in limit in quicken and another irritating failing. At least the progam could display in the 'all available' range. If you go more than the built in time span all you is a flat line on the bottom of the chart.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious, I've got a stock that i've held much longer than that.  12/31/98 to date displays accurately.  12/1/98 to date displays only a flat line.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see what you describe in my data. Perhaps there is a huge value in your price history 23 years ago that is throwing off the graph.

What I do see is that if the time period is more than about 20 years the horizontal axis data disappears, making the graph pretty useless.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That flat line that we're referencing is at the bottom of the window.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Aha. I now see the same thing.

Market value from 12/26/98 to 3/25/21 is flat at 0 but from 12/27/98 to 3/25/21 is OK.

12/26/98 to 3/24/21 is flat at 0 so it is the total number of days(?) in the range. 

The price history plot is OK for all date ranges.

That and the dates are missing from the horizontal axis.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seeing if I widen the window, the x-axis scale reappears - even with the flat line. 

Appears to be that 8124 days is ok; 8125 days is not. 
This discussion has been closed.