Sanitized file

Harold Appel
Harold Appel Member ✭✭✭
I reported a problem and for some reason noticed "sanitize file" and foolishly checked it. Now when I open my file it says "opening sanitized file." Is there some way I can undo this? I didn't expect my file to be altered and personal data permanently stripped out!

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Sanitizing your file creates an entirely separate file; it doesn't touch your live data. It does seem odd that Quicken wants to open the sanitized file instead of your real data; I've never seen that or heard of it before. In any case, when you open Quicken, if you go to File > Open Recent, do you see your actual data file on the pop-up list? Select it, and Quicken will close the sanitized file and open your regular data file and you should be back to normal. Quit Quicken and re-launch it; it should open in your regular data file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Sanitizing your file creates an entirely separate file; it doesn't touch your live data. It does seem odd that Quicken wants to open the sanitized file instead of your real data; I've never seen that or heard of it before. In any case, when you open Quicken, if you go to File > Open Recent, do you see your actual data file on the pop-up list? Select it, and Quicken will close the sanitized file and open your regular data file and you should be back to normal. Quit Quicken and re-launch it; it should open in your regular data file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Harold Appel
    Harold Appel Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much. I am much relieved. I now note that a separate sanitized file was created in home/library/application support/Quicken. Thanks again. I suspect it just re-opens the last opened file, whatever that was.
This discussion has been closed.