Quicken H,B & R Ver R32.10 ...Not updating online Accounts- Capital One

RA Moats
RA Moats Member ✭✭
As of this morning, 3/27/21 Quicken is not updating/downloading Capital One accounts and refuses to connect with Bank of America stating "Sorry we encountered an error. (it's not your fault)
I had to manually download and update my Cap One accounts .... what is going on ???

Comments

• BLee
    BLee Member ✭✭
    Mine connects and returns no errors - but also no transactions and says the last download was on 3/14.
    This is annoying. What am I paying for again?
  • RA Moats
    RA Moats Member ✭✭
    Blee... For Cap One.. exactly..5 accounts...same thing... that's why I manually downloaded..Also BoA is useless .. but that seems to be a separate issue
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RA Moats

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

I would first allow 24-48 t see if the issue resolves itself. If at that time you still receive an  "It's not your fault" error, you will need contact to support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Hello @BLee

As you are not receiving errors and are only missing transactions, I recommend signing out and sign back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see this one listed so...

Is anyone having an issue with downloading transactions or setting up on-line services for Capital One 360. I get to the window that says that I need to sign in to Capital One 360, but then I get an error that says "It's not my fault." with no error code.

This has been going on for at least a week.

I am using Quicken Business vR32.10 Build 27.1.32.10.

Thanks,
    Merg
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RA Moats

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

I would first allow 24-48 t see if the issue resolves itself. If at that time you still receive an  "It's not your fault" error, you will need contact to support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Hello @BLee

As you are not receiving errors and are only missing transactions, I recommend signing out and sign back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.

-Quicken Tyka

The error with Capital One 360 has been going on for a week now.
  • RA Moats
    RA Moats Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @"RA Moats"
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.
    >
    > I would first allow 24-48 t see if the issue resolves itself. If at that time you still receive an  "It's not your fault" error, you will need contact to support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    >
    > When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.
    >
    > Hello @BLee
    >
    > As you are not receiving errors and are only missing transactions, I recommend signing out and sign back into the Quicken program. To do this, please
    > follow the steps below.
    >
    > * Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID
    > & Cloud Accounts
    > * Click
    > sign in as a different user
    > * Type
    > "yes" to sign out
    >
    > Once
    > this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the
    > results.
    >
    >  -Quicken
    > Tyka

Signed out and signed back in as suggested ... appears to go through update process, but no data is updated as before...
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone gotten their Capital One 360 Account access to work? I'm putting a ticket in with Quicken Support as well now.

- Merg
  • RA Moats
    RA Moats Member ✭✭
    Not here Merg... Every day I have to reset my account to get downloaded transactions for 4 accounts under one user name. Next time I try, it doesn't work. Been going on for 6 weeks now....
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that what's tripping you up? Follow the instructions and see if that helps resolve your issue.
    My CapOne connection has not had any problems since I followed their instructions.

• RA Moats
    RA Moats Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Please review my comment from about a year ago: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20098311#Comment_20098311Is that what's tripping you up? Follow the instructions and see if that helps resolve your issue.
    > My CapOne connection has not had any problems since I followed their instructions.

Click on your link I get this .... "Permission Problem
    You don't have permission to do that."
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Sorry about that. Community Moderator like to migrate older discussions off into the basement archive. Dusty place ... :smirk:
    Here's what I originally posted:
    My Capitol One credit card uses a relatively new download interface, Express Web Connect+.
    For this to work, some time ago there was a procedure that you had to go through with linking third party apps like Quicken to your CapOne account. There used to be a webpage with instructions, but I can't find it right now.
    In a nutshell, one would logon to the website, select the Security page (click avatar, then Security) and choose to add an app. You would then have 10 minutes to run OSU or Update Now from Quicken on your desktop/laptop. When done, and before the 10 minutes are up, switch back to bank Security webpage to confirm the action. Done.
    If you're having problems with this, talk to CapOne Support. They should be able to talk you thru the process and get you set up.
  • RA Moats
    RA Moats Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Sorry about that. Community Moderator like to migrate older discussions off into the basement archive. Dusty place ... :smirk:
    > Here's what I originally posted:
    > My Capitol One credit card uses a relatively new download interface, Express Web Connect+.
    > For
    > this to work, some time ago there was a procedure that you had to go
    > through with linking third party apps like Quicken to your CapOne
    > account. There used to be a webpage with instructions, but I can't find
    > it right now.
    > In a nutshell, one would logon to the website, select
    > the Security page (click avatar, then Security) and choose to add an
    > app. You would then have 10 minutes to run OSU or Update Now from
    > Quicken on your desktop/laptop. When done, and before the 10 minutes are
    > up, switch back to bank Security webpage to confirm the action. Done.If
    > you're having problems with this, talk to CapOne Support. They should
    > be able to talk you thru the process and get you set up.

Thanks for your suggestion UKR ... I checked , but on the security tab, Quicken is already linked. I may try unlinking and relinking it to see if that helps ...