CC-502 error when trying to download from CITI Bank?

Answers

• MikeT
    MikeT Member
    Seeing it here as well.
  • MilwaukeeLynn
    MilwaukeeLynn Member ✭✭
    I am having a CC-503 error for months. I have been manually downloading. Very frustrating.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello all

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue to the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still experiencing the CC-502 error please see the steps outlined here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting and a review of the log files to determine the cause of the error.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support can perform in-depth troubleshooting as well as create a help ticket this will help gauge the impact an issue is having and help get the problem investigated further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello all
    >
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue to the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.
    >
    > If you are still experiencing the CC-502 error please see the steps outlined here.
    >
    > If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting and a review of the log files to determine the cause of the error.https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    >
    > Support can perform in-depth troubleshooting as well as create a help ticket this will help gauge the impact an issue is having and help get the problem investigated further.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > -Quicken Tyka

Looking at the recommended resolution, it states in bold to DO NOT DEACTIVATE your account. Since it had resolved my problems in the past, I already deactivated my web connect. What other problems might this create? What would be the solution?
    Thanks
  • tvilbas
    tvilbas Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    I am having same issues too. None of the suggested resolutions work...
  • judgegerber
    judgegerber Member ✭✭
    For the last three days (well after the US Govt Covid assistance went out) I too have been having the same difficulty with each of my four Citibank accounts (Checking, Checking Plus, Gold MasterCard and AT&T Universal Card). That's been so even though I can sign on to Citibank Online (using the same credentials, of course) fine. Using the Citibank Online "Profile-More Settings-Manage Desktop Apps-Add Access," and then trying to log on directly from one of those accounts with the Gear Icon at upper right within the allotted 10 minutes, didn't help--though when the Quicken-Citibank interface had similar problems several months ago, that fixed it. As with the other folks who've encountered the same issue in the last week, I'd appreciate either a fix or any thoughts.
  • tvilbas
    tvilbas Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    > @LSR19 said:
    > I just managed to get through to support. Quicken support is aware of the issue with Citibank. The tech agent said a 502 error usually has one of two causes - either Citibank is down for maintenance or they've got a problem. I was told wait 24 hours to see if Citibank resolves the issue. If it still persists tomorrow then I should call back so the matter can be escalated within Quicken to bring the issue to Citibank's attention. (Why is it always the other guy's problem????)

because they dont want to make the effort. typical tech response
  • Bob Bernstein
    Bob Bernstein Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    had a cc-503 error that sometimes comes up as cc-501 trying to add my citibank accounts.

i have 3 userids for different accounts. 2 of them have no problem. One userid keeps coming up with an error for over a week.

i call Citi and they say they see nothing wrong on their side and to call Quicken. Quicken had me try several things and nothing worked. They now tell me to wait more time.

I tried creating a new file - no difference.

I need to get this resolved. It worked well for
    many years and now I’m stuck.

Suggestions much appreciated.
  • Bob Bernstein
    Bob Bernstein Member ✭✭
    i meant Cc-502 not cc-503

i tried different computers
    i tried different locations - isp’s
    i validated the file - no errors
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    I was able to download my transactions on all accounts from the Citibank web site. Use the drop down menu on the account and you will see the option to download into Quicken. Just be careful to limit your dates or you will have an overwhelming number of duplicate transactions.
  • PaulinSC
    PaulinSC Member ✭✭
    :s I won't even go into how many issues that I have with this service. Has anyone else been getting CC-502 errors for their Citi accounts? I have three account IDs and they are all throwing errors. Tried resetting and now it will not connect to reauthorize. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • teej1210
    teej1210 Member
    I am having the same issue with my Citi Mastercard so frustrating
  • voyagr7
    voyagr7 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem for a few days now. CC-502. Sometimes when this happens (was a chronic problem for many months a year or two ago), I go to the citi web page and download transactions to a file, and then import that file from within Quicken. It's a pain and often results in dups to delete later, but at least I get the transactions into the bank and credit card accounts in Quicken. I HOPE QUICKEN AND CITIBANK GET THIS RESOLVED RIGHT AWAY! This subscription payment model deserves a higher level of service.
  • Quicken is not able to sign in to my Citi Bank account. I deactivated and tried to reactivate but no luck. Problem in Quicken? Anyone else same experience?
  • martylitt
    martylitt Member
    I have been receiving cc502 for two days. Citibank is often the most difficult bank in terms of errors. Has anyone else been having the same issues
  • lena6969
    lena6969 Member
    I deactivated my Citicards after receiving CC-502. When I try to activate it only finds my Citi Savings account. It does not find the Citicards. Any ideas!
  • josephcasey
    josephcasey Member ✭✭
    yes, I have also for 3 or 4 days.
  • martylitt
    martylitt Member
    ok, at least i am not alone. thanks
  • lynnkundin
    lynnkundin Member
    I have had problems since March 24th. CC-502. Customer service says Citibank is one of several banks that are having high volume and will not support Quicken download access at the moment and to check back in 24/48 hours. I requested that Quicken support post a notice about this on their website please so I hope they do so. I have resorted to downloading a Quicken file on 2 of my 6 accounts (credit cards, banking accounts) that has the most volume to update quicken that way, but if I have to continue doing this, what is the value of paying annual support? Diminishes greatly, in my opinion. By the way, Citibank over the past few years has provided me the greatest headaches in connecting with Quicken, compared to other banks.
  • Bob Bernstein
    Bob Bernstein Member ✭✭
    Thank you for offering to look into this for me. My Quicken ticket number is: 8453337. I am using Home and Business R32.10.

Looking forward to your response and a resolution. Bob
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    lena6969 said:
    I deactivated my Citicards after receiving CC-502. When I try to activate it only finds my Citi Savings account. It does not find the Citicards. Any ideas!

Try using Citi Cards as the Financial Institution name for your Citi credit card accounts.
  • richard13
    richard13 Member ✭✭✭
    I tried what @dsmith5010 had suggested and it didn't work at first.  I was still getting the CC-502 error.  Looked over what the Quicken folks posted and that didn't really help (other than not deactivating/reactivating).  I tried a couple more times and eventually I got a downloaded transaction (interest payment) and got a new error CC-506.  I told Quicken to "fix it" and it said it was a success.  I'm not sure if this fixed for just this session or if this will continue.  I agree that Citi is THE most problematic bank when it comes to downloading transactions into Quicken.  It's one of the reasons I don't regularly use my bank or credit card accounts with them.  I don't want the hassles or have to resort to manually entering in transactions.

Quicken Premier for Mac

• hoomans
    hoomans Member ✭✭
    I had made the mistake of resetting the account which as has been mentioned deactivated the account. @dsmith5010 suggestion worked for me.
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    > @hoomans said:
    > I had made the mistake of resetting the account which as has been mentioned deactivated the account. @dsmith5010 suggestion worked for me.

Same here, I remember that was a fix used previously and have no idea what I need to do now. Maybe Quicken will let us know?
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    It worked what Senergy123 said. Go to the Citi.com site and signing on. Once in under Profile in the top right then more settings. Under Security in the middle, click Manage Desktop Apps and follow the directions. I had to Update Now twice in Quicken for it to take but now it is working again. Added info. Once you enable desktop application, you have 10 minutes to log-in from Quicken. This is an extra security Citi added. It would be nice though if either Citi or Quicken would notify users.
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    > @andyf123 said:
    > It worked what Senergy123 said. Go to the Citi.com site and signing on. Once in under Profile in the top right then more settings. Under Security in the middle, click Manage Desktop Apps and follow the directions. I had to Update Now twice in Quicken for it to take but now it is working again. Added info. Once you enable desktop application, you have 10 minutes to log-in from Quicken. This is an extra security Citi added. It would be nice though if either Citi or Quicken would notify users.

I have done that and don't see any apps authorized on my CIti account. There is nothing there. Any thoughts?
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that since I deactivated my account access earlier, it won't connect now so that I can authorize it on the Citi site. Frustrating!
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    You dont' see the apps at Citibank. Just go to Settings->Manage Desktop Apps-> Add Access and then you have 10 minutes to initiate a login from Quicken and that will be registered by Citi as an approved app. See screenshots.
  • Jeff Kravin
    Jeff Kravin Member ✭✭
    I started having difficulties a few days ago with downloading transactions from my Citibank Visa from Costco account. As I have learned, sometimes if you disable and then re-set up downloading for an account having problems, the connection starts working again. Not now. Sometimes Quicken no longer even finds any account (sometimes it sees my checking account but for my own reasons I do not want to download transactions from it). I tried configuring the account from a small test file I have used in the past for troubleshooting problems. I cannot connect to Citibank at all from that file.

Once a few days ago I manually downloaded transactions from the Citi web site into a Quicken file and it uploaded fine.

Please help!
This discussion has been closed.