How do I make sure membership will extend a full year from expiration date?

harryjpanderson
harryjpanderson Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
Once before when I installed a new Quicken version from CD it updated my membership from the date of installation, not the date of expiration. I had to call support multiple times to get it corrected, I want to avoid this time. I just purchased a new version of Quicken for Windows on CD that includes 1-year subscription. The current version I have loaded is R32.10 Build 27.1.32.10. Membership expires April 19, 2021. Is it best to wait to install on April 19, 2021, OR if I install now how do I make sure the updated subscription will update to April 19, 2022?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    I suggest you extend the subscription before it expires: select Help > Enter Activation Code

To confirm the extension has been applied properly, select Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @harryjpanderson

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. When you extend your membership it automatically extends to your current membership. If it is any different I would recommend contacting Quicken Support so they're able to take a look and correct any issue you had.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do NOT have to INSTALL Quicken again to extend the subscription, you just need to apply the activation code as spelled out by Sherlock above.  Under subscription, the updates to the program are continuous, not an annual release as in the past (pre-2018).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• harryjpanderson
    Thanks splasher. Since I already purchased Quicken on CD is it better to install it near the time of expiration OR is it better to return the Qucken CD for refund (unopened) and then merely renew the membership via Quicken website. OR are both the same. Thanks
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have not bought what Quicken labels for "New User", the extension is the same whether you buy from a retail outlet or Qiucken.com.
    Go with whichever is the best $/month price.
    Either way, you don't need to install it, you just use the activation code from the Help menu in Quicken and it should extend your subscription.  If it doesn't, then you call Quicken support (Quicken Support) to get it properly extended.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• harryjpanderson
    Thanks Splaher - I bought via Amazon - "Quicken Deluxe Personal Finance – Manage your money and save – 1-Year Subscription (Windows/Mac)" for the exact same price $51.99 before tax as Quicken offers for renewal. So I will most likely keep CD and use the activation code from it when I open it.
  • qknpj
    qknpj Member
    Is the activation code the same as the serial number?
  • @qknpj - No.  The activation code is not a serial number.  The activation code is a one-time use only code that adds a year to your subscription and is not stored like a serial number.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    qknpj said:
    Is the activation code the same as the serial number?
    No. The activation code is not the same as the serial number.
This discussion has been closed.