MySynchrony Guitar Center Hack Works, But My Online Balances are Incorrect

TheBrtnder
TheBrtnder Member ✭✭
So using the Guitar Center Credit Card sign in, got me to see, link and download all my MySynchrony.com Credit Card accounts. However, many of the online balances are incorrect. Does anyone know why that would be happening?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TheBrtnder

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

First, where are seeing the incorrect balance? Is this the register or possibly during reconcile? 

Next, how large is the discrepancy? Would it be possible that the amount is related to pending transactions? 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • TheBrtnder
    TheBrtnder Member ✭✭
    I see it at the bottom of the register and when I am reconcilling

The discrepancy seems to be large in some cases, small in others. It actually appears to be giving me my opening balance as the current balance even though the transactions are downloading and I am clearing them in my register.

This is only happening with MySynchrony related cards.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TheBrtnder

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• TheBrtnder
    TheBrtnder Member ✭✭
    Okay so I followed the steps to create a test file and only put in MySynchrony store cards… Most of my cards showed the online balance as incorrect (the only 2 that were correct were Amazon Store Card and JC Penney Store Card, which I actually synced to the their named options (Amazon.com Store Card – Synchrony and JC Penney Credit Card respectively that Quicken provides)… However my NewEgg Store Card was incorrect using both options (NewEgg Preferred Account or the Guitar Center Credit Card (mysynchrony workaround))

All the transactions do download properly, it just appears the online balances are incorrect…

Scott
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @TheBrtnder

Thanks for the update. It sounds like it's part of the issue with Synchrony overall then if you're able to replicate it inside of the test file as well. I believe this may be a side effect of  having to do the fi to have synchrony cards working in general. For the time being we may need to wait until we're able to connect properly back on synchrony accounts. I do apologize for the time being as we're not able to do more.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.