One step update doesn't see I typed a password

Any time I try to update Quicken through my bank, when I click the "update now" button, it says "to continue, enter the password for the following institutions". It is if it doesn't see that I have already typed the password into the space. I don't use a saved password. I type it in each time. I can't get it to recognize the password has been typed in the space.

Answers

• Allegra
    Allegra Member
    Never mind. It just worked after I restarted the program once again. Not sure what happened.
  • Craig208
    Craig208 Member
    For what it is worth, I am having the same problem. I'm trying to get into my Regions account. They recently changed the site login method. I wonder if that is the problem.
  • Frisky070802
    Frisky070802 Member ✭✭
    I just updated today and I'm running into this too. I enter a password, but it doesn't try to connect, it just says again to enter the password. ABSURD! HELP!!!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Frisky070802

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken, you are currently running.

Please provide the name of the financial institution as well as any error messages received.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Frisky070802
    Frisky070802 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @Frisky070802 Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I
    > apologize that you haven't received a response.
    >
    > We will need a bit more information to be able to assist.
    > Please take a moment to review the information here and post back
    > with the year and version of Quicken, you are currently running.
    >
    > Please provide the name of the financial institution as well as any error messages received.
    >
    >
    > The more information you can provide regarding this issue
    > will help the Community to better understand and assist.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

This is 2020, R31.20, build 27.1.31.20. The bank is PNC. There is no error message, just the repeated "enter your password" prompt after I have entered it. Another thread suggests this happens when the 4-digit PIN used by the financial institution doesn't meet new Quicken security requirements, but if so, it is both poor form not to provide such details in an error message and to spring it on customers like me who are suddenly cut off from their online banking.
  • Trademan
    Trademan Member
    I'm getting the following error on update account "To continue, enter the password for the following institution". I double-checked ID/Password I entered for account and it's the correct one. I can log to account on line but not through Quicken. I'm on R32.10, build 27.132.10. The account is Schwab brokerage.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Trademan ,

Are you using the Password Vault?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Frisky070802
    Frisky070802 Member ✭✭
    @Trademan I found in the end that the way to get past this was to deactivate online services for each account that it prompted me to enter a password for, and then reestablish.

Totally bogus but at least I could proceed.
This discussion has been closed.