Error OL-304-A - attempting to add Prudential Retirement Account

Options
Dori M
Dori M Member ✭✭
edited March 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I've been trying (unsuccessfully!!!) to add my Prudential retirement account to Quicken so I can utilize one-step updates. Believing it was an error on their side, I've contacted Prudential and spoken with a live agent. I've verified my account number, PIN, ID and they are all correct. They have advised I contact Quicken support. Nomatter what I do, I continue to get error OL-304-A as "account not found". I have an account!!! Please provide a helpful solution.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Dori M

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Dori M said:
    I've been trying (unsuccessfully!!!) to add my Prudential retirement account to Quicken so I can utilize one-step updates.
    What Release of Quicken .... Help --> About Quicken
    guessing you are selecting this entry - as it should work...
    BUT... there appear to be several old postings with the same overall problem.
    01271    01271    01271    Prudential Retirement - 401k/403b/457    https://www.prudential.com/online/retirement/    (8xx) 562-8838    http://www.prudential.com/retirement/    ACTIVE   
    401K&DIRECT  
    [EDIT] - I've also updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A             

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Dori M
    Dori M Member ✭✭
    Options
    Neither website resolved the issue. Quicken points to Prudential as having the problem, Prudential points to Quicken. Catch 22 that seems to have no resolution. Only solution I can see is for me to update my Quicken acct manualy.
  • Dori M
    Dori M Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello, Francisco. I tried your suggestion and it brings me to the same results I've been having more times than I can count trying to get this to work. I have the latest version of Quicken so that's not an issue. My other accounts (bank and credit union) update perfectly in One Step. My suggestion (especially since it seems I'm not the only one with this issue) would be for Prudential and Quicken tech supports to talk to each other to get this resolved. There is a definite communication error going on between them.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Dori M

Thanks for the update. In order to take a look at the issue further I'd like to see what I'm able to find in the log files that's giving us the issue you're currently having. You can do this by going across the top and going to help > report a problem.  In the subject line put Prudential 304 and make sure that all log files are selected as well. Once I've looked over them I'll see what we need to do to get you back up and running.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • ramartin
    ramartin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also having this issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @ramartin

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post your question, however, this is an older post, and less likely to receive an answer.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.