Check printing alignment issue

Using Premier R30.14 - I print standard quicken checks 3 to a page. The alignment on the top check is fine, but the middle check is too high and the bottom check is even higher. Outside of looking bad, the address fields don't align with quicken window envelopes. Quicken Check Printer Setup will only align the top check, making it even worse. Haven't noticed it before since I print so few actual checks. Now, at EOY printing a bunch of charitable donations. Quicken tech support couldn't solve it. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @alansadler,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I recommend that you Reset all Quicken printer settings by following the steps provided below.
    1. Open the File menu.
    2. File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair...
    4. At the bottom of the Validate and Repair window, check the box for "Reset all Quicken printer settings".
    5. Close the Data Log when it opens
    6. Close Quicken (keep closed for at least 5 seconds)
    7. Reopen Quicken
    Once that is done, see if the issue persists or resolves.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• That's the procedure that Quicken Tech Support had me do yesterday, with no success. I'll try it again I'm, but I'm on the road for two weeks and away from my printer to test it. I'll check back then.
  • Ed Kurtz
    Ed Kurtz Member
    Quicken Anja;
    I tried your recommended steps as well. It had no effect on the way our checks are printed. The printing is still about 3/8" too high on the checks. We print three part checks and it appears to be an issue on all three parts of the checks. Any other suggestions?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to verify ... are you using Standard Checks (business size checks, 3 to a page) which are "Quicken and Quickbooks - compatible" (For a review of Quicken - compatible check styles and perhaps to order new check supplies, please see https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/checks and compare your style with the samples from Intuit)
    What are the system Printer Properties for your printer? It should be set up to select standard paper, 8.5*11", 100% size (no reduction, no enlargement), and no automatic form recognition.

• Candee
    Candee Member
    I dont even SEE in FILE what she is talking about.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Candee said:
    I dont even SEE in FILE what she is talking about.
    That's because you're looking at a year old description. There has been a change to the File Menu since then and the "File Operations" submenu was removed. Skip item #2 in @Quicken Anja 's list above.

This discussion has been closed.