Keep you on same screen after signing in

I don't sign in just to browse. But when I find a topic I wish to post on, I have to sign in. then I am brought to some "home" screen, not the screen to which I want to post a reply. then I have to rummage around to find that screen again.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't hurt anything, if you remain Signed IN.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• jujujuju
    jujujuju Member ✭✭✭
    I, and many others, find the practice of remaining signed in to various websites, particularly those you don't plan on using in a manner that requires you to be signed in, to be a bad idea and a bad habit. It surely is not a solution here.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Given that Quicken Inc uses a third party software for this, I doubt that it is possible for them to change this behavior.  I would recommend for the ones you started click on your icon in the top right and select My Discussions.  For others I recommend you bookmark them, and in the same way you can get back to them.  In the upper right of each thread there is this icon you can click on the bookmark it.

Also if you have a notification sent to your email, there will be a link in it to take you to the exact message.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Chris_QPW ,

In order to bookmark anything, you must be signed in first. However, there is a work-around. Duplicate the Browser Tab. Sign in using one of the tabs. Next, click on the other tab. Then simply Reload the current page and it will show that you are signed in.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @thecreator good points.
    Signature:
  • jujujuju
    jujujuju Member ✭✭✭
    "Given that Quicken Inc uses a third party software for this, I doubt that it is possible for them to change this behavior." Quicken PAYS the third party, and such third parties often are open to suggestions. Q should make the suggestion. It would improve the third party software for all of its users, not just Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jujujuju Yes and you pay Quicken Inc for Quicken, and of course when you make a request from Quicken Inc they jump right on it and change it no matter how they feel about it or with any consideration to other users/priority, right?

The point I was making is that if there isn't a setting in the current software for it (and I don't think there is) then this is a request to put in a request to another company and hope that they will do it.  And that other company has lots of customers too all wanting their features to be implemented.

Given that situation I think it a good idea to look for "workarounds".
    Signature:
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'll also say that I find it no problem to remain signed in on this site. It does occasionally ask me to log back in again, but there are weeks or months between logins. Unless you are concerned about someone stealing your computer and having access to post as you on the Quicken forum, there's really not a downside that I'm aware of. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993