my quicken screen freezes and will not show the transactions downloaded from my bank of america visa

mae
mae Member ✭✭
When i download from my bank of america visa account quicken screen freezes and i cannot see any downloaded transactions, but in my documents the transactions show they downloaded from bank of america. The exact same thing happens when I download from US Bank and from Chase Visa. But all the downloads show up in my Documents. After all the work on this it seems quite certain is is though a Quicken problem.

I have talked to 5 Quicken reps thur 3/25, fri 3/26, mon 3/29, and they each put the blame on either Bank of America, or Carbonite, or my computer, or tell me all the Quicken files are corrupted, or Quicken has to be uninstalled and I will lose my entire transactions for years back they say. None of them seem to have a good understanding of Quicken.

This forum seems extremely helpful. Can anyone figure out what I should do next to see the downloaded Bank of America transactions in my register so I can accept them without the Quicken screen freezing.

And I called Carbonite and they downloaded a backup file to my desktop and said if the Quicken rep wants to prove it is a Carbonite problem that I should uninstall Carbonite for the Quicken rep and show that it is not a Carbonite problem. And then I can reinstall Carbonite later losing none of my backups.

Thank you thank you for ANY help from the community on this problem. So I am certain this is a Quicken problem but no rep seems to ever have encountered it. Very discouraging as have spent days on this.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mae

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I believe you may be freezing when trying to load BoA during the OSU but I'm wondering here if you're able to download them individually still as well? One thing you can attempt is to deactivate the BoA account so that we're able to attempt the OSU then once the issue has been resolved you can activate it again. I'll leave steps down below if you'd like to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once you've done this try seeing if you're able to complete the OSU. If you aren't let us know so that we're able to take another look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• mae
    mae Member ✭✭
    thank you so much Francisco for your help! i will try these things first and then get back to you! this is embarrassing but what is OSU?? and have never tried downloading one transaction at a time from BofA, US Bank, or Chase, so i will try that too and see if the screen still freezes with each of these institutions. thank you!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mae,

mae said:
    what is OSU?? 
    To answer your question; OSU stands for One Step Update.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mae
    mae Member ✭✭
    thank you Anja! how embarrassing.. should have known what it means..
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2021
    @mae You're welcome! And no need to be embarrassed, happens to the best of us.  :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.