Custom amount

Options
Im using quicken bill pay and trying to pay custom amount rather that full or statement amount. quicken won't let me do it, custom amount block in bill pay is locked in gray

Answers

• Smoose
    Smoose Member
    Options
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Smoose

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

When I attempt to recreate this, I can use the "Other Amount" field. I believe the difference is that I do not have a minimum payment amount due yet and this allows me to use this field. 

I was not able to confirm this as I do not have a credit card payment that is due yet. Do you by chance have a credit card that does not have a minimum amount due?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Smoose
    Smoose Member
    Options
    I paid my minimum balance first, now it let me do custom amount
    I checked other billers, some of them are not allowing to pay custom amounts. Its weird :(
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    When I attempt to recreate this, I can use the "Other Amount" field. I believe the difference is that I do not have a minimum payment amount due yet and this allows me to use this field. 
    @Quicken_Tyka  I'm curious about this statement, or perhaps I'm misunderstanding. If I have a credit card bill with a $300 current balance, a $200 statement balance at the end of the most recent billing period, and a $20 minimum payment required, why wouldn't I be able to pay any amount I want, whether it's $50 or $150 or $250? I could certainly do so if I was paying on the credit card company's website. Why would having a minimum payment amount block me from paying any "other" amount I wish to pay? If Quick Pay forces customers to pay the minimum amount and not a higher "other" amount, Quicken is pushing customers into higher credit card balances and larger interest payments. Or, as @Smoose indicates, requiring two separate payments: one for the minimum amount and one for an additional amount. That's not making any sense to me, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding. Otherwise, isn't this a bug? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.