Foreign tax paid is not accounted in spending

RajM
RajM Member ✭✭
When a foreign tax is paid on a security, Q is not accounting it as an expenses when viewed on "Spending" tab (see attached, quicken.png). But, when viewed from "Planning/Budgets", it accounts correctly (see attached, quicken1.png). The difference is exactly the foreign tax paid amount ($7.14). Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RajM

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Are you able to capture a screenshot of the transaction in the account? I want to see if there is anything that can be identified within the transaction that could explain this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you customized the graph to include that foreign tax category?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RajM
    RajM Member ✭✭
    I have been doing some more research into this issue. I have created a test.qdf file (I have attached it as test.jpg as Q was not allowing me to attach .qdf file, please rename it before opening/playing with in Q). In this file, I have created two accounts, one banking and another investing.
    The expenses in banking account is created by directly editing the new transaction line. The expenses in investment account is created by "Misc Expense" transaction type (see attached Quicken.png).
    The expenses from banking is accounted correctly in "Spending" tab, but not from investment account (see attached Quicken1.png, expenses shown is $10 instead of $25). If you go into Planning/Budgets, then both expenses are accounted correctly, $25 (see attached Quicken2.png).
    But, if I add payee field from "Spending" tab, both expenses are accounted correctly, $25 (see attached Quicken3.png) and problem is resolved. But, the transaction type in investment account is then changed to "Withdrawal" type by Q automatically (see attached Quicken4.png).
    I don't see any way to customize graph from "Spending" tab as suggested by NotACPA.
    Clearly, there is an issues here. It appears that "Payee" is required in order to account expenses in "Spending" tab. But, transaction type "Misc Expense" in investment account doesn't have any payee field. Quicken must fix it.
This discussion has been closed.